5th SOFT-TIAFT Joint Meeting
The 2017 conference has been rescheduled for January 6-11, 2018.
Visit us at the Thermo Fisher Scientific Booth # 401 to learn more about our latest innovations and solutions for forensic testing. Ask about the latest assays for synthetic cannabinoids testing, Thermo Scientific™ CEDIA™ AB-PINACA and UR-144/XLR-11 Assays* or our oral fluids tests. See the latest Thermo Scientific LC-MS and GC-MS equipment, the high resolution accurate mass (HRAM) Q Exactive™ Focus Hybrid Quadrupole-Orbitrap™ Mass Spectrometer and the InsuQuant kit to simplify your affinity purification workflow.
Join our educational lunchtime workshops on Sunday, January 7th and Monday, January 8th where speakers from John Jay College of Criminal Justice at City University, New York and UC San Francisco School of Medicine will present their work in the areas of new psychoactive drugs and synthetic cannabinoids.
Sunday, January 7, 2018 - 12:00-1:30 pm
Title: Synthetic Cannabinoids: Surveillance, Pharmacology, and Analysis
Speaker: Roy R. Gerona, PhD, Assistant Professor, UC San Francisco, School of Medicine
Monday, January 8, 2018 - 12:00-1:30 pm
Screening drugs of abuse, NPS and steroids using high-resolution Orbitrap MS
Title: High Resolution Orbitrap MS for Detecting New Psychoactive Drugs, A User's Perspective
Speakers: Marta Concheiro-Guisan, Ph.D., Assistant Professor in Toxicology, John Jay College of Criminal Justice, City University of New York
Title: Non-targeted Screening of Drugs of Abuse and Steroids Using the Q Exactive™ GC
Speaker: Jason Cole, Product Manager GCMS, Thermo Fisher Scientific
Featured scientific posters
- Development of Homogeneous Enzyme Immunoassay For The Detection Of Bath Salts I (α-pyrrolidinophenones) in Human Urine by Anlong Ouyang
- Development of a Homogeneous Enzyme Immunoassay for the Detection of AB-PINACA, its Metabolites and Related Compounds in Human Urine by Chi-Yun Pai
- Development of a New Homogeneous Enzyme Immunoassay for the Detection of Zolpidem and its Metabolite Zolpidem-Phenyl-4-COOH in Human Urine by Pong Kian Chua
- Development of a Homogeneous Enzyme Immunoassay for the Detection of UR-144/XLR-11 and Structurally Related Synthetic Cannabinoids in Human Urine by Tabassum Naqvi
- LC-MS/MS Method Development and Validation for the Quantitation of AB-PINACA Pentanoic and UR-144 Pentanoic Acid Metabolites in Human Urine by Tabassum Naqvi
- Targeted Forensic Screening and Semi-quantitation of Drugs in Plasma Using High Resolution Accurate Masses Detection and On-line Sample Preparation by Kristine Van Natta
- A Comparison of Screening and Quantitative LC-MS/MS Analysis of Drugs and Their Metabolites in Urine, Oral Fluid and Blood on Triple Quadrupole and Quadrupole Orbitrap Mass Spectrometers for Forensic Use by Rory Doyle
- LC-MS/MS Analysis of Phytocannabinoids and their Metabolites in Urine, Oral Fluid and Blood by Rory Doyle
- Targeted Analysis of Sports Doping Compounds Using GC-MS/MS Technology by Jason Cole
*Available for Criminal Justice and Forensic Use in the U.S.A. only.