In Pursuit of a World Without Cancer™
Thank you to all who joined us at the AACR Annual Meeting 2012 conference in Chicago and who participated in our second annual poster contest. You and your peers selected the best scientific posters. Congratulations to the top three winners and we’re looking forward to seeing you in 2013!
AACR 2012 1st Place Poster Contest WinnersPoster Title: Deregulation of promoter methylation of the polo-like kinases in myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS) and other
blood neoplasms | View poster
First Place Poster Contest Winners from:
- Alejandra Ward
- Gayathri Sivakumar
- Caroline Hamm
- Sindu Kanjeekal
- John W. Hudson
- Univ. of Windsor, Windsor, ON, Canada
- Windsor Regional Hospital Cancer Centre, Windsor, ON, Canada
1st Place Winners
2nd Place Poster Contest WinnersMechanistic analysis of the ketogenic diet versus KetoCal® as adjuvant treatments for malignant glioma | View poster
- Eric C. Woolf
- Mohammed G. Abdelwahab
- Kathryn Fenton
- Phillip Stafford
- Mark C. Pruel
- Jong M. Rho
- Andrew Lynch
- Adrienne C. Scheck
- Barrow Neurological Institute
- Arizona State University
- University of Calgary
- Nutricia Advanced Medical Nutrition
3rd Place Poster Contest WinnersThe effect of resveratrol combined with DFMO or DenSpm on MCF-7 breast cancer cells and MCF-10a noncancerous cells | View poster
- Isabella Benassi
- Riley Smith
- KateLyn White
- Shanna Dennis
- Niki Nelson
- Emily Goetz
- Russ Feirer
- St. Norbert College
Our Commitment to Cancer Research
As a global biotechnology tools company, we are dedicated to the pursuit of a world without cancer, a primary goal we share with the research and medical community. To accelerate your scientific exploration and make life even better we offer a variety of optimized solutions specific for cancer research.
Quickly find the cancer mutations that matter
- Single tube, ultra-multiplexed PCR with Ion AmpliSeq™ technology for amplicon resequencing on the Ion Personal Genome Machine™ System. View poster
- Targeted resequencing of genes frequently mutated in esophageal adenocarcinoma using highly multiplexed Ion Torrent AmpliSeqTM technology and semiconductor sequencing. View poster
- Cancer biomarker research using castPCR technology. View poster
Discover the Noncoding RNAs that regulate cancer
- MicroRNA expression profiling in tumorigenic prostate cancer cells and tumor suppressive functions of let-7. View poster
- High-throughput profiling of miRNA expression in plasma and cerebrospinal fluid using OpenArray® platform for biomarker discovery. View poster
- MicroRNA expression profiling potential for human breast cancer diagnosis using a bead-based microRNA-specific capturing method. View poster
- Isolating RNA, DNA and protein from the same sample allows correlation of multiple biomarkers. View poster
Unlock the mysteries of the cancer cell
- Epigenetic networks in breast cancer. View poster
- Detecting human circulating endothelial cells using the acoustic focusing cytometer. View poster
- BacMam-enabled biochemical and cellular assays to assess inhibitors of full-length receptor tyrosine kinases. View poster
- High-throughput TR-FRET cellular assays for interrogating histone H3 methylation. View poster
- Next generation cell engineering: the Jump-In cell engineering platform. View poster
Visit booth #4419 for More Information About These Exciting Products
Cellular analysis: novel and well referenced solutions for fast, precise cellular and pathway analysis.
Biomarker discovery: rapid discovery and verification of biologically relevant nucleic acid biomarkers.
Genetic characterization: simple and sensitive screening solutions for cancer samples.
New Life Technologies Products Featured at AACR
- The FLoid™ Cell Imaging Station is an affordable, user-friendly imaging solution for the quick detection and verification of fluorescently labeled samples. The FLoid™ Cell Imaging Station captures transmitted light and three-color fluorescent images of your cells and samples right at your benchtop.
- The Ion Proton™ Sequencer is the first benchtop next-generation sequencer to offer fast, affordable human genome and human exome sequencing. Powered by the next generation of semiconductor sequencing technology and offering a similar single-day workflow to the Ion PGM™ Sequencer, the Ion Proton™ Sequencer promises to change the way scientists look at genomics.
- The Ion AmpliSeq™ Cancer Panel provides a fast-and-easy, cost-effective sequencing workflow for single-tube preparation of amplicon libraries from genomic “hotspot” regions that frequently mutate in human cancer genes. These high-quality libraries are prepared rapidly by PCR with as little as 10 ng of FFPE DNA or genomic DNA.
- The QuantStudio™ 12K Flex system is a highly flexible, comprehensive real-time PCR platform that leverages the best of Applied Biosystems® real-time technology in a single instrument. The QuantStudio™ 12K Flex Real-Time PCR System includes easy-to-change blocks that can accommodate OpenArray® plates, TaqMan® array cards, 384-well, 96-well, and FAST 96-well plates, allowing you to select the format that is right for your project—whether it’s now or in the future—or maximum flexibility and consistency in your research.
The Life Technologies Second Annual 2012 AACR Poster Contest Terms and Conditions
Eligibility: No purchase necessary to enter, win, or participate by voting for a poster. Posters eligible to win must be presented by scientific researchers who are 21 years of age or older and employed by an academic institution. The following are not eligible for the Life Technologies 2012 AACR Poster Contest: (1) individuals who are prohibited by employment, contract, law or otherwise, including the policies and practices of their institution, from participating; (2) employees of for-profit companies, government institutions, commercial exhibitors or vendors at AACR; and (3) employees of Life Technologies and its affiliates and contractors, as well as their immediate family members and household members.
To be eligible to vote on a poster, you must be a 2012 AACR attendee. 2012 AACR Annual Meeting vendors are not eligible to vote. Contest: The contest will be held between April 1 and April 4, 2012. To vote for a poster, voters must text the unique AACR poster identifier number for their poster choices to number 839863. Voters are allowed to vote for as many posters as they wish but can only vote for the same poster once per mobile device. Voters may only text one complete identifier number per text. Each day during the term of the contest, Life Technologies will post a list of the posters with the most votes at the Life Technologies booth at 2012 AACR. The three (3) posters with the highest number of total votes as of 12:01 p.m. central time on April 4, 201,2 will be reviewed for eligibility and declared the winners (the "Winners") by Life Technologies. In the event of a tie, Life Technologies will choose the Winner based on which poster received the earliest vote. Life Technologies will announce the Winners of the contest via a text message to each voter and on its 2012 AACR web page shortly after the end of the 2012 AACR Conference. The Winners will be contacted separately by email or phone. The presenters of the winning posters will be the prize recipients. Any division of a prize among poster authors shall be at the sole discretion of the Winner. Life Technologies will only award one prize per winning poster.
Contest period: The voting period begins on April 1, 2012, at 1:00 p.m. central time and ends on April 4, 2012, at 12:01 p.m. central time. No votes will be accepted after 12:01 p.m. central time on April 4, 2012.
Submission requirements: Posters may be the work of an individual or a team, but only each presenter of a poster will be eligible to win. Prizes: Three (3) prizes, each consisting of US $2,000 credit toward the purchase of Life Technologies' reagents at list price will be awarded to the top three (3) eligible vote-getters. The Winners of the three (3) prizes will then each have a chance to win an additional US $5,000 by submitting a copy of their winning poster to Life Technologies for display on its 2012 AACR web page. Winners who choose to participate must provide a release for Life Technologies to display their posters. Visitors to the website will be provided with an opportunity to vote for their favorite poster and the poster with the most votes will be awarded a credit worth US $5,000 toward the purchase of Life Technologies' reagents at list price. All prizes awarded expire one (1) year from the date of award.
Life Technologies will award the Winners with the prize, or at a Winner’s option, the Winner may designate an organization which falls within Section §501(c)(3) or 501(a) of the United States ("US") Internal Revenue Code (or its equivalent in foreign jurisdiction, if the designee is outside the US) to receive the prize. Life Technologies will donate the prize to such designee. Any designee outside the US must be approved by Life Technologies to be eligible to receive the prize. Any transfer, gift, or export of the prize to any designee outside the US must not violate any of the US laws or the laws of any other jurisdiction, or to any denied or prohibited person, entity, or embargoed country in violation of such laws. Furthermore, if Life Technologies is unable to transfer or export the prize to such designee outside the US, the Winner will be responsible for arranging the export or transfer of the prize to such designee outside the US. If the designee is not able to accept the donation, the Winner will designate another qualified organization. Similar process of substitution will apply if the new designee is unable to accept the donation until a designated organization is able to accept the prize in compliance with these Terms and Conditions.
The Winner and, in case the Winner designates a qualified organization as set forth above, such designee, each must warrant that it is not prohibited by employment, contract, law or otherwise, including the policies and practices of their employer or organization, from entering or accepting the prize from Life Technologies. The Winner and the designee, if any, each must execute and return an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability, and a publicity release, and in case of such designated organization, a signed Life Technologies deed and acceptance of donation, within ten (10) days of the date of prize notification as a condition to receiving the prize.
Contest sponsor: Life Technologies Corporation ("Life Technologies").
General: Void where prohibited, licensed, or restricted by law. Residents of jurisdictions where this contest is prohibited or restricted by law or subject to registration or other procedures with which Life Technologies may not have undertaken are ineligible to participate in this contest and shall be ineligible for any prize awarded in this contest. Eligibility is determined at the sole discretion of Life Technologies. If, in the opinion of Life Technologies, there is any suspected or actual evidence of tampering with or alteration of any portion of the contest, Life Technologies reserves the right to terminate the contest. No cash or other substitutions are permitted, except by Life Technologies, which reserves the right to substitute a prize with one of equal or greater value. No refunds or credits are allowed. Except as allowed in these Terms and Conditions, the prizes are not transferrable. All federal, state, and local income taxes, insurance, licensing, registration and title fees connected to a prize are the sole responsibility of the Winner or his or her employer. By participating in the Life Technologies AACR Poster Contest, each participant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these rules and the decisions of Life Technologies, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Show floor restrictions: Per AACR regulations, the use of any camera equipment in the exhibit hall including all poster sessions is strictly prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, any photographic device or equipment, such as a camera, video recorder, camera phones, and/or recording devices, digital or otherwise.