Taking back, refurbishing, and reusing our products and packaging
- Offer cost-efficient, convenient product take-back from customers
- Harvest high-value components for reuse and/or refurbishment
- Meet or exceed local and global recycling requirements when components need to be disposed of or recycled
Our product take-back program is designed to efficiently remove products from a customer’s site just as soon as the product has reached the end of its useful life. Normally, that means reclaiming our instruments and harvesting high-value parts; sometimes it means responsible recycling of components that we can no longer utilize. We are dedicated to meeting and exceeding global recycling requirements and are developing a recycling service that satisfies Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) requirements on a global scale.
- Expanded program to harvest and recycle customers’ Ion Torrent™ chips
- Implemented instrument take-back program
Recycling Semiconductor Chips
Our Ion Chip Recycling Program provides customers with a free and convenient way to recycle used Ion chips. We have partnered with Metech Recycling, an industry leader in electronic waste recycling for our U.S. customers.
Instrument Take-back Program Diverts E-Waste from Landfills
In a move that turns our customers into our suppliers, the Genetics Systems Sequencing team in Foster City, California implemented an instrument take-back program to harvest high-value parts and to refurbish and resell postconsumer instruments, including the SOLiD® 4 system. This enterprising team diverted 40,000 pounds of e-waste from landfills.
| Read more >