Universal Sample Preparation: MagMAX CORE
The last sample preparation solution your lab may ever need
Applied Biosystems MagMAX CORE is a universal sample preparation solution designed to meet current and future testing needs in diagnostic laboratories. The flexible modular technology is optimized to purify nucleic acids from the widest range of veterinary sample matrices of any sample prep kit on the market.
MagMAX CORE helps to make your lab more efficient by offering greater convenience, consistent performance, and time and cost savings.
Labs shouldn’t have to wait for their sample preparation—it should keep pace with their testing needs. The new MagMAX CORE workflow offers:
- Faster instrument processing times, allowing you to determine diagnostic results more quickly
- Premixed washes that don’t require the addition of alcohols
- Higher-quality nucleic acids, which may lead to less retesting and fewer workflow interruptions
The following graphs highlight the performance of MagMAX CORE compared to two other commercially available nucleic acid extraction kits, in detecting various pathogens from field samples, including oral fluid, whole blood, and in-pouch culture.
Labs want to work smarter, not harder. MagMAX CORE is optimized to help labs work more efficiently, enabling them to save time and money. Potential savings include:
- Reduced plastics use, drastically limiting waste and costs
- Room temperature reagents greatly improve product handling and save on storage space and costs
- Complete workflows that address 14 unique sample types provide you with a universal solution
- A single protocol adapted to multiple Thermo Scientific KingFisher magnetic particle processors unifies all workflows, regardless of throughput
Supported sample types:
- Whole blood
- Oral fluid
- Animal, fecal & environmental swabs
- Tissue / Organs
- Hair follicles
- Ear punches
- Ear notches
- Environmental samples
- Biomed Diagnostics InPouch™ TF (Tritrichomonas foetus) culture
The diagnostic testing environment is constantly evolving. Labs need a sample preparation solution that can grow with them. MagMAX CORE is designed to meet labs’ current and future testing needs. Features include:
- A “CORE” chemical formulation designed to be the last sample preparation solution you may ever need to validate
- Flexible modules that couple easily with the CORE chemistry, allowing the introduction of new applications without requiring new chemistries
- New formulation and workflow that allow for downstream sequencing applications
MagMAX CORE Mechanical Lysis Module
The Applied Biosystems MagMAX CORE Mechanical Lysis Module is designed to meet your lab’s Mycobacterium avium paratuberculosis (MAP) and other hard-to-lyse diagnostic testing needs.
- Complete solution using the same MagMAX CORE Nucleic Acid Purification Kit chemistry
- Higher-quality nucleic acids from both small- (.3 g) and large-volume (2–5 g) sample inputs
- Validated on feces, milk, and environmental samples
- Only purchase what you need
Our vision is to provide comprehensive solutions to help diagnose farm animal health issues more quickly and accurately than ever before—and thus enhance animal health and productivity. To learn more about our MagMAX CORE universal sample prep solution, please download our product flyer or contact a product specialist.
Thermo Fisher Scientific provides a comprehensive offering of sample preparation options to support a variety of veterinary diagnostic testing needs. Explore other sample prep solutions such as our MagMAX Pathogen RNA/DNA Kit, MagMAX-96 Viral RNA Isolation Kit, and MagMAX Total Nucleic Acid Isolation Kit.
Learn more ›