Synthetic Biology Learning Center
Resources for next-generation genetic engineering tools
- Understand more about synthetic biology
- See how synthetic biology is helping researchers meet their research challenges
- Get the help you need to configure and order synthetic biology products
Synthetic biology comprises the next generation of genetic engineering tools. It combines molecular biology and systems biology with engineering principles to design biological systems and bio-factories. The aim is to create improved biological functions that meet current and future challenges. The Synthetic Biology Learning Center is designed to collect—in one place—the resources you need to understand this field better, to see real-world applications synthetic biology, and to find Thermo Fisher Scientific synthetic biology products and strategies that can assist you in your research.
See how to enter, edit, and optimize your sequence and place your order for the optimized gene using the GeneArt® online order portal.
Dr. Henry Chiou discusses combining the powerful technologies of gene optimization and transient expression for enhanced protein yields as part of our LABTalks series.
Dr. Namritha Ravinder discusses the powerful new CRISPR/Cas9 technology for genome editing as part of our LABTalks series.
Gene to Protein Resources
Gene to Protein White Paper
Genome Editing Resources
- CRISPR/Cas9 for large-scale cell engineering
- An introduction to plant genetic engineering
- Synthetic TAL effector for targeted gene activation in plants
- An introduction to precise genome editing with TAL effectors
- Genome editing for iPSCs from Parkinson's disease patients using TAL technology
- An introduction to RNA-guided genome editing with CRISPR
- RNAi technology reveals possible targets for treating Parkinson's disease