Thermo Fisher Scientific offers non-standard, specialty phosphoramidites for synthesis of modified oligonucleotides. Oligos with these modifications can then be used as primers, probes, or in structural studies.
Stability and melting point of oligo duplexes can be altered by incorporation of N4-Ethyl dC, 5-Me dC, dI, or dU into the sequence, while mutagenic effects from methylation of an exocyclic amine can be studied by the incorporation of N6-Me-dA. Similar studies may be performed utilizing 8-oxo-dG, which mimics an oxidized guanine.
Specialty phosphoramidites can be custom manufactured with base or sugar (2′, 3′ or 5′ positions) modifications.
Biotin-TEG can be placed throughout the oligo (3', 5', or internal) while also having a spacer arm, thereby minimizing steric hindrance between the biotin moiety and the oligo. 5'-Biotin amidite can only be synthesized to the 5′ end of the oligonucleotide.
Process and supply chain control
- A controlled raw material supply chain and established vendor partnerships ensure consistency and security of supply
- Purity of each phosphoramidite lot is assessed by HPLC and 31P NMR analyses
- Rigorously controlled manufacturing processes minimize levels of reactive P(III) impurities which could be incorporated into the oligonucleotide and result in the accumulation of by-products
- Processes are monitored from material procurement through final QC and product release, providing batch-to-batch reproducibility
- Common oligo synthesizer pack sizes are available for immediate delivery
- Custom and bulk packaging are also available. Contact us to learn more.
- Custom manufacturing services are available to assist in the development or scale-up of phosphoramidite compounds
- Specialty phosphoramidites can be manufactured with base or sugar (2′, 3′ or 5′ positions) modifications
Not finding what you are looking for? We also offer DNA phosphoramidites, RNA phosphoramidites, dye-labeled phosphoramidites, 2′-modifications, linker and spacer phosphoramidites, and succinates and CPG support synthesis supports. Contact us to learn more!
Other primers, probes, and nucleotides
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.