Access a targeted collection of scientific application notes, case studies, videos, webinars, and white papers for pharma & biopharma.
CDL Collaboration Information
Collaboration for cutting-edge biosimilar characterization
Thermo Fisher Scientific has been working with the Christian Doppler Laboratory for Innovative Tools for Biosimilar Characterization (CDL) at the University of Salzburg, Austria and other corporate members since 2013 to co-develop a toolkit of new/novel and appropriate methods and workflows for the analysis of biosimilar drug molecules. The collaboration aims to:
- Accelerate innovations in biopharmaceutical characterization
- Translate biosimilar research into transferable, routine, compliant solutions
- Develop workflows which are appropriate for biosimilar characterisation
- Gain insights, understanding and alignment with the regulatory requirements for biosimilars
- Mentor and develop the next generation of biopharmaceutical analytical scientists
Piecing together protein analysis
The biopharma industry demands consistent quality and batch-to-batch comparability, which means that the in-depth characterization of a protein therapeutic and any modifications, such as glycosylation, is essential. In this article, co-authored by the CDL and Thermo Fisher Scientific, learn about the collaboration between Thermo Fisher and the CDL, the research focuses of the CDL and the reason why the Thermo Scientific Vanquish UHPLC has been a welcome addition to their laboratory.