ABfinity recombinant rabbit monoclonal antibody development and production services
Invitrogen™ ABfinity™ recombinant antibodies are rabbit monoclonal antibodies that are developed by immunizing animals, screening for functionality, and then cloning the immunogen-specific antibody genes into high-level mammalian expression vectors. The recombinant antibodies are then produced by large-scale cell culture and purified with Protein A.
Choose our Invitrogen™ custom antibody service to obtain ABfinity antibodies with the following features:
- Greater specificity and sensitivity compared to standard antibodies
- Lot-to-lot consistency due to recombinant technology
- Animal origin–free antibodies–expressed in a mammalian cell system
Custom Antibody Request Learn more about ABfinity technology
Oligoclonal vs. monoclonal antibodies
ABfinity recombinant rabbit antibodies can be developed either as an oligoclonal antibody or as a monoclonal antibody. Need help in making the right choice or need more information? Please contact our project managers for more assistance.
Polyclonal–clone library used for final production
Broader utility across assays
- Western blot (WB)
- Immunoprecipitation (IP)
- Immunofluorescence (IF)
- Immunohistochemistry (IHC)
Monoclonal–one clone isolated from library used for final production
- ELISA (quantitative assays)
- Flow cytometry (FC)
- Chromatin IP (ChIP)
- Neutralization experiments
Development phases for custom ABfinity recombinant antibodies
- Antigens for ABfinity recombinant antibody development can be purified proteins, standard peptides, or modified peptides (i.e. phosphorylated).
- Phase II is only performed for monoclonal protocols; oligoclonal development uses only Phases I and III.
- Screening phases can be accomplished using either of these two protocols:
- Standard development–all screening performed by Invitrogen antibody services
- Cooperative development–screening performed by the customer and Invitrogen antibody services