Gibco GlycanTune Total Feeds
Precision meets predictability
Gibco™ GlycanTune™ Total Feeds are chemically defined, animal origin–free supplements that let you achieve consistent protein quality by dialing in your specific glycan profile. Shift glycan profiles from heavily G0F to primarily G1F & G2F glycans using A+/B+/C+ Total Feeds. Simplify glycan targeting and reduce guesswork with our easy-to-use pH-neutral options.
Learn which supplement (A+/B+/C+) is right for you.
On this page:
Advantages of GlycanTune Total Feeds
With GlycanTune Total Feeds, you acquire multiple capabilities that enable more control and consistency as you obtain your desired glycan profiles.
- Replace your normal feeds with GlycanTune Total Feeds at the time of glycan shifting and obtain a predictable, linear glycan response.
- Improve protein quality by shifting glycan expression to mostly G1 and G2, with as much as 45% reduction in G0, and without significant loss in performance.
- Gain ~20% more bioreactor utilization with less product dilution, more space for an additional feeding and/or more working volume to start your run.
- Store hydrated product at room temperature for up to 30 days, use fewer bioreactor connections, and reduce the chances of contamination.
- Simple reconstitution with just water results in fewer parts, fewer reconstitution steps, and reduced opportunities for operator error.
Improvement in bioreactor space utilization
About 20% improvement in bioreactor space utilization is possible based on flexibility to super-concentrate with Gibco™ EfficientFeed™ + supplements, either for reduction in dilution or for maximizing either working volume or total amount of fed nutrients.
See the data
Glycan shift possible using GlycanTune C+ Total Feed
Demonstration of range of glycans possible from the same clone using protocol to insert GlycanTune C+ Total Feed into a process.
The timing of transition from Gibco™ EfficientFeed™ C+ AGT™ Supplement (EFC+) to GlycanTune C+ Total Feed (GTC+) provides a predictable linear response and makes it possible to target specific glycosylation profiles. Modulate G0F from 75% down to 32%, while increasing G1F (1 and 2) and increasing G2F.
Applied Biosystems™ GlycanAssure™ Analysis Platform
- Pair with GlycanTune Total Feeds to streamline your workflow
- Process 96 samples in parallel
- Complete analysis on the Applied Biosystems™ 3500cL CE System in less than 9 hours
Consider Gibco™ EfficientFeed™ A+ AGT™ Supplement when:
- You wish to explore simpler reconstitution and super-concentration benefits of new technology for delivery of key components
- You are currently using Gibco™ CD OptiCHO™ Medium as your base cell growth medium