Open Architecture Single-Use Bioreactors
The open-architecture S.U.B. systems are offered without an integral full-control system (e.g., for pH and dissolved oxygen), allowing economical and rapid replacement of the vessel in an existing bioreactor system with an S.U.B. This also allows customers to choose their own control unit for a new system implementation.
Advantages of the open-architecture S.U.B. system
The open-architecture S.U.B.s incorporate an S.U.B. BioProcess Container (BPC), a fully functional bioreactor vessel enabling single-use mixing, venting, sparging, and temperature sensing. Ports are also provided for monitoring, sampling, and liquid transfers.
System features include:
- Classical geometry and ratios
- Ability to readily scale from small to large volumes
- Plug-and-play setup and operation through standard disposable connectors
- Easy integration with most control platforms on the market
- System-tested in various bioprocessing configurations
- Use in process development, clinical trials, and large-scale cGMP biomanufacturing
Benefits of this system:
- Minimizes cleaning or sterilization, apart from traditional monitoring probes
- Helps reduce risk of cross-contamination
- Allows customization to your production systems;
- Helps avoid costs of investing in another control system
Important features and options of the 5:1 turndown ratio vessel:
- Available in 50, 100, 250, 500, 1,000, and 2,000 L sizes
- Patented cross-flow sparger technology for efficient cell culture at lower volumes
- Drilled-hole sparger for effective stripping of CO2 and sufficient O2 delivery to cells
- Lower probe cutouts on vessel for accurate sensing of pH, DO, and temperature
- Bottom jacketed vessel for better heat transfer and temperature control at lower volumes
- Reduction in additional bioreactors required for scale-up
- Considerable savings in CAPEX and OPEX
- Reduction in footprint and cleanroom space requirements
Please note that the HyPerforma S.U.B. is also available with a 2:1 turndown ratio. Contact Customer Support for more information regarding the 2:1 S.U.B. offering.
The open-architecture single-use bioreactor system consists of three primary components:
- Outer support container—The outer support container is available with a mixing motor, load cells (standard on some models, available on all), casters (on most models), and electrical or water-jacketed heating systems.
- S.U.B. BPC—The BPC is the single-use consumable required for use with the bioreactor hardware. It is supplied sterile and ready to use, and comes complete with the agitator (impeller) assembly, spargers, vent filter, sensor ports and/or sensors, and line sets for media, supplements, and harvest.
- Control system for agitation and temperature—An additional control system can be integrated with a customer’s choice of controller systems.
Integrated Single-Use Bioreactor: featured video
The HyPerforma S.U.B. is designed to provide enhanced functionality, ease of use, and efficiency while maintaining interoperability with any controller on the market today.
Contact Customer Support for more information regarding the 2:1 S.U.B. offering.
- 50 L 5:1 S.U.B. data sheet
- 100 L 5:1 S.U.B. data sheet
- 250 L 5:1 S.U.B. data sheet
- 500 L 5:1 S.U.B. data sheet