Thermo Scientific™ Nunc™ CovaLink™
The CovaLink surface is designed to facilitate the coupling of molecules bearing a free carboxyl or phosphate group. Therefore, peptides, haptens and DNA can be coupled. The surface uses a spacer arm to increase accessibility, thereby enhancing overall surface reactivity.
Thermo Scientific™ Nunc™ Immobilizer™ Amino
The Immobilizer Amino surface forms stable covalent bonds between its electrophilic groups and the biomolecule's free amino acids or sulfhydryl groups. Using its unique spacer arm chemistry, the surface provides extremely low non-specific binding to improve assay sensitivity. With no need for an ancillary coupling agent, this surface can simplify your assay development by eliminating the need for a time-consuming blocking step.
The Immobilizer Amino surface is ideal:
- If your biomolecule does not bind well to a passive surface and it possesses one or more free primary amino or sulfhydryl groups (such as in peptides, oligonucleotides, proteins, proteoglycans)
- For developing a highly sensitive assay with excellent reproducibility and low background
- If you want to minimize use of a coating reagent
- If you want to reduce the number of steps required to prepare plates
- For avoiding unwanted reactivity associated with a blocking reagent