Western Blot Detection Support
Explore the “Getting Started” and “Troubleshooting” sections for solutions to top inquiries and common problems. Browse through the “Guides and Tools” section to access comprehensive product-related support resources.
- Can I use my own blocking reagent or antibody incubation solution with the iBind™ Western System?
- How does western detection with Alexa Fluor™ 680 and 790 secondary antibodies compare to chemiluminescent detection?
- How should I prepare my membranes for WesternBreeze™ Chemiluminescent detection?
- How sensitive is WesternDot™ detection compared to ECL detection?
- Can iBlot™ Western Detection Stacks be used more for more than one run?
- I used the iBind™ Western system and am getting high background. What should I do?
- With the iBind™ Flex Western System, I am getting a lot of non-specific binding. Can you offer some tips?
- With the SuperSignal™ Chemiluminescent Substrates, why is the entire film black or showing a reversed image?
- My WesternDot™ reagent is showing some precipitate in the tube. Can I still use it?
- I am getting high background after Alexa Fluor™ 790 and 680 detection. Can you please offer some tips?
Guides and Tools
- Overview: Western Blot Detection
- Overview: iBind™ Western System
- Overview: Western Blot Buffers
- Overview: Western Blot Detection Reagents
- Overview: Western Blot Imaging and Analysis
- Overview: Protein Identification by Western Blot
- Learning Center: Protein Biology
- Protein Biology Resource Library (useful technical, application, and other learning resources including application notes and methods)
- Selection Guide: Western Blot Workflow
- Video: Unboxing the Western Blot Workflow
- Video: Unboxing the WesternBreeze™ Kit
- Video: Unboxing the iBlot™ Western Detection Kit
- Video: Demo of iBlot™ Western Detection
- Video: iBlot™ Western Detection
- Video: How to use the iBind™ Western System
- Video: Automated Western Processing with the BenchPro™ 4100
- Videos: Western Blot Analysis
- Primary Antibody Selection Tool
- Secondary Antibody Selection Tool
- Immunoassay Selection Guide
- Instrument Registration – register your instrument to access the latest firmware upgrades, receive updates, and activate your warranty/service agreement
- Firmware Upgrade for iBlot™2 Gel Transfer Device
- Firmware Upgrade for Original iBlot™ Gel Transfer Device
- Firmware Upgrade for BenchPro™ 4100
GeneArt™ Cell Lines and Proteins are a suite of service offerings designed to help facilitate protein expression in mammalian cell lines. We can help with every step of the process, including gene design, synthesis, cloning, protein production, and even stable cell generation. Alternatively, we can help with just the parts of the process you request.
Have us utilize our extensive suite of expression vectors and host systems to deliver the necessary protein yield for your application. We offer protein expression and production services in baculovirus and mammalian host systems, as well as protein purification and analysis services.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.