Western Blotting Support
Explore the “Getting Started” and “Troubleshooting” sections for solutions to top inquiries and common problems. Browse through the “Guides and Tools” section to access comprehensive product-related support resources.
- Is there a wet transfer blot module available for the Mini Gel Tank? Are Bolt™ Bis-Tris Plus gels compatible with other transfer methods?
- How many
Mini Blot Modules canbe run per Bolt™ Mini Gel Tank?
- Is it okay to freeze the iBlot™ Gel Transfer Stacks?
- How many gels can be simultaneously transferred using the Thermo Scientific™ Pierce™ Power Blotter when used in conjunction with the Thermo Scientific™ Pierce™ 1-Step Transfer Buffer?
- After transferring onto a nitrocellulose membrane, what is the best way to store the membrane overnight for probing the next day?
- I used the Thermo Scientific™ Pierce™ Power Blotter and got inefficient transfer of low–molecular weight proteins to PVDF. What should I do?
- I would like to use the Thermo Scientific™ Pierce™ Power Blotter but the cassette is difficult to open. What should I do?
- I used the iBlot™ 2 Dry Blotting System and none of my proteins transferred to the membrane. What could have happened?
- After transferring using the iBlot™ 2 Dry Blotting System, I noticed that the Bottom Stack transfer gel melted to a viscous blue solution. Why is this?
- How can I reduce background on my PVDF western blots?
Guides and Tools
- Overview: Western Blotting
- Overview: iBlot™ Dry Blotting System vs Conventional Semi-Dry and Wet Transfer Systems
- Overview: Protein Identification by Western Blot
- Learning Center: Protein Biology
- Protein Biology Resource Library (useful technical, application, and other learning resources including application notes and methods)
- Guide: Protein Analysis Handbook
- Protocol: Western Blot Protocols
- Selection Guide: Western Blot Workflow
- Selection Table: Which Western Transfer System is Right for You?
- Selection Guide: Fast Western Blotting
- Video: Western Transfer Showdown – Wet Blot vs Dry Blot
- Video: Unboxing the Western Blot Workflow
- Videos: Western Blot Analysis
- Video: Pierce Power Blotter Stainer System
Mini Blot Module
XCell II™ Blot Module
- Protocol: Blotting Tris-Glycine Gels Using the XCell II™ Blot Module
- Video: How to perform a Western Transfer using the XCell II™ Blot Module
Novex™ Semi-Dry Blotter
Original iBlot™ Dry Blotting System
- Overview: Original iBlot™ Dry Blotting System
- Protocol: Western Blotting using the iBlot™ Dry Blotting System
- Technical Note: iBlot™ Copper Recycling Instructions
- Video: iBlot™ Dry Blotting System - Meet the Inventor
- Video: iBlot™ Dry Blotting System - Completes Transfer in 7 Minutes
- Video: iBlot™ Dry Blotting System – Step by Step Guide
- Video: The Blot Transfer using the iBlot™
iBlot™ 2 Dry Blotting System
- Overview: iBlot™ 2 Dry Blotting System
- Technical Note: iBlot™ 2 Copper Recycling Instructions
- Video: How to use the iBlot™ 2 Dry Blotting System
Thermo Scientific™ Pierce™ Power Blotter
- Video: Pierce Power Blotter
Western Blot Membranes
GeneArt™ Cell Lines and Proteins are a suite of service offerings designed to help facilitate protein expression in mammalian cell lines. We can help with every step of the process, including gene design, synthesis, cloning, protein production, and even stable cell generation. Alternatively, we can help with just the parts of the process you request.
Have us utilize our extensive suite of expression vectors and host systems to deliver the necessary protein yield for your application. We offer protein expression and production services in baculovirus and mammalian host systems, as well as protein purification and analysis services.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.