Products on Display at AMP 2015
Ion S5 and Ion S5 XL
NGS Systems for Targeted Sequencing
Adopting next-generation sequencing (NGS) in your lab is now simpler than ever. The Ion S5™ and Ion S5™ XL Systems enable the simplest targeted sequencing workflow for your lab with industry-leading speed and affordability.
- DNA to data with less than 45 minutes of hands-on time—with simple cartridge-loaded reagents and a straightforward user interface, the Ion S5 and Ion S5 XL Systems make NGS fast and easy—ideal for any cancer, inherited or infectious disease research lab.
sequencer. Multiple applications—each Ion S5 and Ion S5 XL System currently supports three different chip types, so you can run multiple applications on a single sequencer.
- Because every hour counts—get results in as little as 24 hours (with the Ion™ Chef and 2.5-4 hour sequencer run times) using the Ion S5 XL System—the fastest turnaround of any benchtop sequencer.
Ion Chef System
Minimize hands-on time with the Ion Chef System for template prep
The Ion Chef™ System simplifies the sequencing workflow and provides flexibility for any project type and size by supporting all Ion semiconductor chips and template preparation methods for a broad range of DNA and RNA libraries. With minimal hands-on time, walk-away automation, and up to two sequencing-ready chips per run, the Ion Chef System not only helps save time and labor, but also enables overnight runs to help maximize your lab’s productivity.
- Simple—enables walk-away automation of template preparation and chip loading in a single system for both the Ion PGM™ and Ion Proton™ systems
- Reproducible—automated workflow and on-board sample and reagent tracking system help reduce user-introduced variability
- Efficient—helps save time and labor with just 15 minutes of hands-on time for setup, and loads up to two Ion semiconductor sequencing chips per run
Ion AmpliSeq Technology
Ion AmpliSeq technology delivers simple and fast library construction
Ion AmpliSeq™ technology delivers simple and fast library construction for affordable targeted sequencing of specific genes or genomic regions. Based on ultrahigh-multiplex PCR, Ion AmpliSeq technology requires as little as 1 ng of input DNA or as little as 10 ng of FFPE RNA to target sets of genes, enabling sequencing of low-quality samples. Choose from among a wide variety of ready-to-use, custom, and community Ion AmpliSeq™ panels to transform your cancer research using FFPE tissue samples.
- Single-day workflow from DNA to results
- Scalable to your research needs—up to 6,144 primers per pool; one to hundreds of genes; 96 barcodes for multiplexing
Ion PGM System
Ion PGM System enables a simple and fast workflow for targeted sequencing
The Ion PGM™ System, coupled with Ion AmpliSeq™ technology and Ion Reporter™ Software, provides a complete end-to-end solution for researchers, from base calls to variants, and from low-input and degraded research sample types such as FFPE tissue.
- Powerful next-generation sequencing technology to get answers faster—as part of a single-day workflow from input DNA to variant calls
- Offers a range of fast and simple library solutions and kits with low sample input requirements for multiple research applications such as gene panel sequencing and RNA sequencing
Ion Reporter Software
Accelerate time-to-results with Ion Reporter Software
Accelerate your time-to-results with optimized and automatable workflows for Ion AmpliSeq™ Targeted Gene Panels, and go from research sample to meaningful variants in a single day. Simple results filtering with annotations from >20 public databases makes it easy to focus on the variants important to you. Ion Reporter™ Software provides an optimized suite of simple data analysis tools that streamline Ion Torrent™ systems data analysis, so you can focus on finding the biological meaning of your data.
- Simple—straightforward data analysis with easy-to-use preconfigured and customizable workflows provides flexibility for users of any experience level
- Streamlined—quickly focus on your variants of interest, then save your filter settings for standardized workflows
- Secure—analyze and securely share data in the cloud, or analyze and store data on-site
Oncomine Focus Assay
Concurrent analysis of single nucleotide variants, indels, copy number variants, and gene fusions
The Oncomine™ Focus Assay allows concurrent analysis of DNA and RNA, enabling sequencing of 52 genes: 35 genes with hotspot mutations, 35 genes, 19 genes associated with copy number gain and 23 fusion genes, all in a single workflow using the Ion PGM™ System. The assay also leverages Ion AmpliSeq™ technology’s low DNA and RNA sample input requirements from FFPE tissue (as little as 10 ng extracted nucleic acid per reaction for a total of as little as 20 ng per sample) to enable accurate and reliable sequence analysis across a large range of tumor sample types, including FFPE and retrospective samples.
- Designed for translational and clinical research, this panel includes 52 solid tumor genes that are known to be associated with current oncology drugs and published evidence
- Analysis of hotspots, CNVs, indels, SNVs, and gene fusions from DNA and RNA in a single workflow for RNA and DNA
- Gene selection informed by the Oncomine™ Knowledgebase—the world’s largest collection of cancer oncology data
- Simple workflow enables 6 samples/chip and favorable economics for detection of relevant genes
ArcturusXT Laser Capture Microdissection (LCM) System
Enables isolation of pure cells from a mixed population
The ArcturusXT™ Laser Capture Microdissection System offers a unique combination of infrared laser–enabled LCM and ultraviolet (UV) laser cutting in one platform. The ArcturusXT™ LCM instrument and reagents, combined with downstream Life Technologies™ analysis platforms like those for Sanger sequencing, next-generation sequencing, and quantitative PCR, provide a complete solution for microgenomics research.
- Dual laser system—enables a wide range of applications ranging from single-cell isolation to large biopsy extractions
- Exclusive, gentle infrared LCM—preserves morphology of isolated samples and integrity of biological material for downstream applications
- Intuitive software—enables rapid isolation of specific cells in five simple steps, provides quality control feature that allows users to visualize collected sample
- Flexible sample prep—wide range of slide types and sample preparation formats supported
QuantStudio 3D Rare Mutation Analysis Solution
Quantify rare mutations at a prevalence as low as 0.1%
The QuantStudio™ 3D rare mutation analysis solution includes a subset of wet lab-verified not validated TaqMan™ SNP Genotyping Assays to detect and quantify the most common cancer-related mutations. These assays were designed using the full bioinformatics power of the TaqMan™ Assay design pipeline and were verified not validated specifically for the QuantStudio™ 3D Digital PCR System. Together, they offer researchers the ability to achieve the high performance required to detect and quantify mutations present at very low frequencies.
- Optimized digital PCR performance—wet lab–verified not validated TaqMan Assays targeting 60 somatic mutations for the QuantStudio 3D Digital PCR System
- High sensitivity—detect and quantify rare mutant prevalence as low as 0.1%
- Cost-effective and convenient—single-tube format includes both wild type and mutant alleles with small and large reaction options
- Streamlined analysis—advanced algorithms for better quantification of rare mutations
- Guaranteed performance—wet lab–verified not validated assay replaced or account credited if the assay does not perform to the standards of the guarantee**
**Terms and conditions apply. For complete details, click here.
Fast and powerful data analysis for your genomics platforms
Combine hundreds of qPCR and sequencing experiments into a project with Applied Biosystems™ Analysis Modules and analyze the data within minutes using this cloud-based data analysis application.
- Leverages cloud-based technology to offer superb performance for secondary data analysis from any computer
- Fast and powerful analysis—up to 10 times faster than the desktop version of our software
- Enables integrated, streamlined workflows to analyze data in one place
- Provides expanded flexibility from previous software versions for data analysis and quality control
- Superior security—data protected in a highly secure environment
Minor Variant Finder Software—Coming Soon
Offering highly accurate and sensitive detection with Sanger sequencing
Minor Variant Finder is a new software developed for the detection and reporting of minor mutations by Sanger sequencing. Minor variants are single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs), which present as a minor component with a contribution of less than 25% at a given allele. The ability to detect low level somatic mutations is critical in research areas such as oncology, infectious disease, and inherited disease.
- Call minor variants at a detection level as low as 5%
- Sequence 1–96 amplicon targets at the lowest cost
- Provide an easy and flexible way to augment fixed gene panels
- Confirm NGS findings in alignment view and Venn diagram
The Ion Torrent™ LiquidBiopsy™ Platform simplifies the isolation, enumeration, and molecular analysis of rare cells. The comprehensive workflow enables analysis of CTC and cfDNA nucleic acids from a single blood research sample. Achieving high target cell recovery and exceptional purity, the platform enables downstream molecular characterization of rare cells using next-generation sequencing (NGS). The LiquidBiopsy Platform:
- Offers a comprehensive, cost-effective sample-to-sequence workflow
- Is uniquely suited to low-input DNA sequencing without the need for whole-genome amplification
- Enables highly multiplexed analyses
- Achieves 1% limit of detection, critical to CTC research
- Enables rapid turnaround time—sample-to-sequence workflow typically completed in 2 days
MagMAX Cell-Free DNA Isolation Kits
Optimize gDNA isolation from biological fluids and cell-free samples
The demands for DNA yield and purity have become more stringent with the development of new analytical methods and technologies, such as high-throughput genotyping, and next-generation DNA sequencing platforms. MagMAX™ DNA Multi-Sample kits provide a consistent, reliable method for the rapid purification of high-quality genomic DNA.
- Designed for downstream applications—the MagMAX kits help you obtain cleaner, more abundant nucleic acid that enable efficient downstream applications
- Flexible, scalable format—by utilizing magnetic beads, these kits provide a flexible format that is easily scalable and enables better binding and washing efficiencies than filter-based technologies
KingFisher Duo Prime Magnetic Particle Processor
Isolation applications that process virtually any sample from any source
The Thermo Scientific™ KingFisher™ Duo delivers advanced functionality in a compact, mid-throughput capacity instrument for isolation applications to help get results more efficiently. Enabling you to reap high yields of quality nucleic acids from a variety of research samples.
- Revolutionary proprietary separation technology lets you process virtually any sample from any source for the ultimate in isolation of nucleic acids, proteins, and cells
- Process up to 24 samples on one protocol at a time
- New UV decontamination, barcode reader, and elution strip cover provide an enhanced user experience
Ion AmpliSeq Infectious Disease Research Panels
Robust workflow enables fast, scalable research
The use of next-generation sequencing (NGS) has rapidly increased our knowledgebase in the identification and evolution of infectious disease agents. Through the use of Ion AmpliSeq™ Infectious Disease Research Panels and targeted sequencing of specific genes, we are now able to efficiently identify the microbes within a mixed population, perform research on retrospective outbreak samples, study potential virulence factors and transmission patterns, and discover mutations that may be associated with antibiotic resistance.
- Fastest targeted sequencing workflow—sample to data in less than 24 hours
- Content for all—targeted sequencing of viruses, bacteria, or fungi from biological materials without culturing
- Scalability—panels of varying sizes with different chip capacities to scale to your research needs
Ion AmpliSeq Pharmacogenomics Research Panel
Ready-to-use panel designed to analyze well-characterized genomic "hotspot" regions
The Ion AmpliSeq™ Pharmacogenomics Research Panel offers a comprehensive sample-to-answer solution for pharmacogenomics research. The panel identifies 136 SNPs, indels, and two CNV events in a single assay across a set of 40 genes well documented as being involved in drug metabolism. The NGS platform is highly complementary to real-time PCR assays enabling larger panels and reflex/confirmatory testing.
- Simple workflow—genotyping and copy number assay in a single workflow
- High coverage and unbiased amplification—enabling high accuracy, minimizing the need for sample reruns
- Sample multiplexing flexibility—processing of 8 to 96 samples in a single run
Ion 16S Metagenomics Solution
End-to-end NGS workflow for
identification with the Ion 16S Metagenomics Kit
The Ion 16S™ Metagenomics Kit, coupled with Ion Torrent™ sequencing systems and Ion Reporter™ Software, is the only end-to-end next-generation sequencing workflow available to enable the identification of microbes present in complex
- Comprehensive primer sets—interrogation of multiple V regions allow accurate detection and identification of a broad range of bacteria
- Saves time—starting material can be from direct samples without culture
- Rapid end-to-end workflow—enables workflow from sample to bacterial identification in less than a week
PathAmp FluA Reagents
Rapid, accurate, and sensitive solution for influenza A viral sequencing
Applied Biosystems™ PathAmp™ FluA Reagents are a set of highly specific, universal influenza primers and a high-fidelity master mix for the amplification of all eight influenza A genomic segments in a single tube. The reaction produces cDNA fragments that range in size from 900 bp to 2.4 kb, which can be used as an input into the Ion PGM™ library preparation workflow.
- Streamlined workflow—complete influenza A genome sequencing, typically in about a day; much faster than traditional Sanger sequencing methods
- Multiplexing capability—simultaneously sequence up to 10 samples on a single Ion 314™ Chip for lower cost per sample
- Enables accurate sequence data—Ion PGM next-generation sequencer offers higher sequencing coverage for more accurate sequence data
QuantStudio 3 and QuantStudio 5 Real-Time PCR systems
Real-time PCR systems designed around easy access and data sharing
The new QuantStudio™ 3 and QuantStudio™ 5 Real-time PCR systems are the first real-time PCR systems enabling collaboration anywhere, anytime when used with the Thermo Fisher Cloud. Easily store, retrieve, and share data using the QuantStudio 3 and 5 systems integrated with a powerful cloud platform—Thermo Fisher Cloud. With an interactive instrument touch screen for when you’re in the lab, and remote-monitoring when you’re not, QuantStudio 3 and 5 take real-time PCR to places you never thought possible.
- Flexible instrument control and data management—choose from a completely standalone instrument or co-locate with a PC or Mac laptop computer and Thermo Fisher Cloud
- Access experiment runs from any location, anytime—has WiFi connectivity and is enabled for remote monitoring using the Thermo Fisher Cloud
- Easy and fast analysis—use portable devices like tablets to quickly analyze data when you need it through the Thermo Fisher Cloud
- Analyze sophisticated data sets in minutes—uses Applied Biosystems™ qPCR analysis modules for advanced analysis functionality and integrated analysis of multiple data sets online
- Securely share data sets and protocols online—collaborate with colleagues across the campus and around the world in a secure cloud environment
QuantStudio Quantitative PCR (qPCR) Systems
Flexibility. Versatility. Speed. Precision.
The QuantStudio™ qPCR product portfolio is designed to meet your research needs, whether you need flexibility, versatility, maximum productivity, or absolute quantification. The QuantStudio qPCR product line includes real-time and digital PCR systems and supports many key applications, including:
- Gene expression, miRNA profiling, SNP genotyping, copy number variation
- Protein thermal shift
- High resolution melt
- Pathogen detection
- Molecular standards and absolute quantification
- And more