Fully-Characterized to Maximize Your Results
High quality hepatocytes, with high viabilities, in vivo-like enzyme expression levels, and proper cell morphology, increase the ability to draw in vitro/in vivo correlations and make sound decisions regarding a compound's fate. Experienced technicians and proprietary isolation techniques combined with stringent release specifications ensure you receive the highest quality cryopreserved hepatocytes.
- Induction Qualified Cryopreserved
- Transporter Qualified Cryopreserved - Suspended and Plateable
- Metabolism Qualified Cryopreserved - Suspended and Plateable
Each Lot is Tested for:
- Phase I and II enzyme activities
- Proper morphology
- Viabilities generally >75%
- Attachment efficiency
- Monolayer formation and integrity
Learn more about the Characterization of Human Hepatocytes
Prequalified and Ready for Your Application
- Suspension hepatocytes - suitable for most short term metabolism studies
- Plateable hepatocytes - useful for induction, plated metabolism, and transporter applications
Learn more about our Applications Testing and Specifications
Cryopreserved human hepatocytes for use in plated and suspension metabolism applications. Each lot is assessed for the ability to express functional active uptake transport. For suspension cryopreserved hepatocytes, the oil spin method is used. Taurocholate, digoxin, and estradiol 17β glucuronide (E2-17G), substrates of the uptake and efflux transporters NTCP and BSEP, OATP1B3 and MDR1, OATPs and MRP2.
Cryopreserved human hepatocytes for use in plated and suspension metabolism applications. Prototypical cytochrome P450 substrates midazolam, tolbutamide, and dextromethorphan were used to assess the enzymatic function of CYP3A4⁄5, CYP2C9 and CYP2D6 respectively, for plated hepatocytes. For suspension lots, each lot is characterized for CYP1A2, CYP2B6, CYP2C8, CYP2C9, CYP2C19, CYP2D6, CYP2E1, CYP3A4, CYP3A4/5, FMO activity. HEP10(TM) Pooled Lots are further characterized for NTCP, OATP1B3, and OATP transporter pathways.