Terms and Conditions
1. ELIGIBILITY: This Promotion is only open to customers, i.e. legal entities or institutions, based in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom. The Promotion excludes Thermo Fisher Scientific employees and their immediate families, distributors and its agencies and anyone else professionally connected with the Promotion.
2. The tablet computer will be awarded to the customer (legal entity or institution) and not an individual person. This means that any individuals enter into this promotion on behalf of their employer. The approximate retail value of the tablet computer is 220 US$.
3. A maximum of one tablet computer per customer per purchase of an Applied Biosystems™ QuantStudio™ 3, 5, 6 Flex, 7 Flex or 12 K Flex Real-Time PCR System. The tablet will have the following specifications: platform: android, installed; size: min. 8 GB; visible screen: min. 7 inc;, wifi enabled: yes; sim card not included. The tablets will be fulfilled by Procurement International (PIL) at costs of Thermo Fisher Scientific. If the tablet arrives damaged on receipt, PIL must be contacted within two days. If the tablet becomes faulty, PIL must be contacted within 30 days from receipt. Faulty tablets will be uplifted, returned and replaced by PIL at costs of PIL/Thermo Fisher Scientific. After 30 days (after receipt), warranty is covered by the tablet’s manufacturer. PIL can issue a proof of delivery (POD) which is required to claim warranty with the manufacturer. Contact details PIL Customer Services: phone UK 0118 973 8980, phone international
+44 (0) 118 973 89 74, email@example.com. Lines are open 8:30 am to 4pm UK time Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays).
4. DURATION: This Promotion is applicable for all orders of any of the instrument types mentioned under 3. The orders must be received by Thermo Fisher Scientific and its affiliates between 10th October 2016 and 30th December 2016. The tablet can be requested via thermofisher.com/yourlabanywhere until 31 January 2017. The tablet can take up to 6 weeks to arrive.
5. Healthcare professionals may not participate in this Promotion. The term Healthcare professionals includes individual (clinical or non-clinical physicians(including MDs and MDs/Ph.D.s), physicians assistants, nurses, technicians, research coordinators, administrators and purchasing personnel) and entities (including hospitals, rehabilitation centres, nursing facilities, home health agencies, clinics and group purchasing organisations, managed care organisations, physician group practices, medical directors for health insurance organisations) and their employees and representatives who are involved in the actual provision of health care services and/or in the exercise of their profession use, procure or sell medicinal products or medical devices.
6. There is no cash alternative to the promotion or to the tablet computer provided.
7. Thermo Fisher Scientific reserves the right to disqualify any Participant in this promotion reasonably believed to have breached, undermined or subverted in any way the legitimate operation of this Promotion, whether by deceptive or wilful activity or otherwise.
8. It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that participating in this Promotion does not conflict with internal rules and regulations within their organisation. In particular, and without limiting the foregoing, Participant warrants that his/her employers have full knowledge of their actions and have consented thereto.
9. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including because of tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, force majeure, or any other cause beyond the control of Thermo Fisher Scientific, which may corrupt or affect administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, Thermo Fisher Scientific reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion.
10. INDEMNITY; DISCLAIMERS: To the full extent allowed by law, customers indemnify and hold harmless the Thermo Fisher Scientific and its affiliates, directors, officers and employees from all liability for any damages, injury or losses to any person (including death and bodily injury) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the tablet or participation in the Promotion-related activity or participation in this Promotion.
11. This promotion is void where prohibited by federal, state, provincial, or local laws, regulations, or agency/institutional policy.
12. Thermo Fisher Scientific has not made any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any promotion, including, without limitation, to such tablet computer quality or fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall Thermo Fisher Scientific be liable, whether in contract, tort, warranty, or under any statute or on any other basis for special, incidental, indirect, punitive, multiple or consequential damages sustained by any participant or any other person or entity arising out of Thermo Fisher Scientific performance or failure to perform its obligations relating to the award of the tablet computer or performance of services, the possession or use of any product, or the performance by Thermo Fisher Scientific of any services, whether or not foreseeable and whether or not the Thermo Fisher Scientific is advised of the possibility of such damages, including without limitation damages arising from or related to loss of use, of data, downtime, or for loss of revenue, profits, goodwill, or business or other financial loss. The aforementioned limitations of liability do not apply (i) in case of death, personal injury or damages to health of a person caused negligently or wilfully or (ii) in cases of wilful or grossly negligent acts or omissions, or (iii) in cases of fraud and fraudulent misrepresentation or (iv) negligent or wilful violations of essential obligations under this Promotion that enable the implementation of this Promotion and on the fulfilment of which the Participant relied and was entitled to rely – in which case damages are limited to typical and foreseeable damages.
13. By entering this Promotion each customer unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these rules and the decisions of Thermo Fisher Scientific, which shall be final and binding in all respects.