HyPerforma Single-Use Mixers
The HyPerforma S.U.M. offers a more ergonomic and efficient user experience. The complete line of HyPerforma S.U.M.s includes 50, 100, 200, 500, 1,000 and 2,000 L sizes that helps ensure consistent scalability while providing a number of application usages from powder media and buffer hydration to advanced downstream harvest and intermediate pooling steps. The HyPerforma S.U.M. can be configured and customized to fit your specific needs and operates with our three main film platforms: Aegis™ 5-14, CX5-14, and ASI™ 26/77.
Integrated platform with HyPerforma S.U.M. and BioProcess Containers
The HyPerforma S.U.M. vessel is ergonomically designed and has a compact footprint with ease of use in mind. Attributes include:
- Jacketed and resistive S.U.M. options
- Two swivel locking casters and pull handles for better maneuverability for the units (except 2,000 L)
- BPC tab holders for easy single-use container set up
- Open cart frame for easier cleaning
- Load cells weighing systems enable accurate batch weight monitoring
- Offered with choice of AC motor or DC motor with precise agitation control.
- Minimized vessel footprint and reduced hold-up volumes
- Cable management system provides greater organization for electrical cables, tubing and line sets while making the unit easier to clean
- Dedicated adjustable tool holder keeps necessary tools available for convenience
The HyPerforma S.U.M. is a fully functional single-use mixing vessel including single-use contact surfaces for mixing, venting and temperature sensing. Additional ports are included to allow choice of aseptic connections for filling, emptying and sampling.
- Unique proprietary mixing system that provides conventional overhead mixing while maintaining sterility and integrity of the S.U.B. BPC
- 3/8” water jacket for high flow rates with bottom jacket
- Adjustable powder hanger that fits 1 kg, 5 kg, 25 kg Powdertainer BPCs
- Simplified bag loading with a vertical access door (available on 500 L, 1,000 L sizes and on 2,000 L S.U.M.)
- Mixer vessel offered with non-jacketed (no heat transfer) or water jacket (vessel side and bottom) for integration with external temperature control unit
- Conical vessel bottom for better drainage and less hold-up volume
- Option to use probes for temperature, pH, conductivity and pressure monitoring
- Electrical box with communication cable that provides output signals to customer plant controller
- Media preparation
- Final formulation steps
- Buffer preparation
- Harvest vessels
- Large-volume mixing (up to 2,000L)
- Pooling and liquid transfer
- Product suspension
- Mixing and storing multiple batches
- Buffer preparation
- Viral inactivation
Thermo Scientific HyPerforma Single-Use Mixers (S.U.M.s) offer functionality and ease-of-use for consistent scalability across a range of applications from powder media and buffer hydration to downstream harvest and intermediate pooling steps.