Terms and Conditions
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. HOW TO ENTER: To enter, complete and submit the profile form to a Thermo Fisher Scientific representative at the Thermo Fisher Scientific Booth number 13. Or, submit your profile form online at: thermofisher.com/qpcrconference
2. ELIGIBILITY: Participation is open only to attendees to the QPCR and Digital PCR Congress, 20th-21st October, 2016 inclusive, at the Novotel London West, 1 Shortlands, Hammersmith International Centre, London, W6 8DR, UNITED KINGDOM. Strictly one entry per person. The Prize draw excludes Thermo Fisher Scientific employees and their immediate families, distributors and its agencies and anyone else professionally connected with the Prize draw. This Prize draw is open to Participants based in Austria, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hungary, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland and the United Kingdom only.
3. DURATION: The Prize draw begins on the 4th October 2016. Completed surveys must be received by Thermo Fisher Scientific no later than 21st October 12 PM GMT to be included in the Prize draw.
4. WINNER: The Winner will be randomly selected on or before November 18th 2016 from all eligible entries received. The Winner will be notified by email, telephone, or mail within approximately 14 days after the drawing date. If the Winner is unreachable or does not make direct contact with the Thermo Fisher Scientific by the date specified in the notification, or fails to accept the prize, the prize will be forfeited in its entirety and an alternate Winner will be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received. The Winner must warrant that she or he is not a Healthcare Professional nor prohibited by employment, contract, or law from entering the Prize draw or accepting a prize from the Thermo Fisher Scientific. The Winner must warrant in writing that his employer has approved the acceptance of this prize.
5. PRIZE: The Winner will receive a free 2-day training class for two people with a genuine professional interest at our Customer Experience Centre in either Glasgow (UK) or Darmstadt (Germany) including meals during the training course hours. The training courses available can be chosen from the list found at: https://learn.thermofisher.com/europe. The prize also covers a contribution of maximum 650€ for 2 people for reasonable transportation, accommodation and meals during training hours. For flights with an uninterrupted flight time of not more than 5 (five) hours only economy class tickets will be reimbursed, subject to the below limit. Only actual expenses related to the training will be covered. No extended stays or complex itineraries. No additional persons can be added other than the Winner and a second colleague with a genuine interest in the training. No refunds or credits are allowed. Prize is not transferable. All taxes on the prize and reporting thereof are the sole responsibility of the Winner. The Winner must confirm in writing that his or her employer has approved the acceptance of this prize. All travel arrangements have to be organised by the Winner and the maximum amount of 650€ for two people will be paid by electronic transfer to a bank account provided. Receipts of all expenses must be provided. If the actual expenses as per the travel receipts are below 650€ then this respective amount is the maximum amount to be paid. The Winner will have to confirm in writing that he/she is authorised or legally entitled to accept the expense for transportation, accommodation and meals from us and that they do not conflict with any guideline, policies or procedures issued by his/her employer or any other codes of conduct applicable the winner. Expenses will not be paid in cash. The training must be taken by 31 October 2017. The application for the refund of costs must be submitted by 30 November 2017. Thermo Fisher Scientific does not intend to induce the Winner to make any procurement decisions or recommendations for Thermo Fisher products or services or reward you for prior business.
6. PUBLICITY: Subject of the Winner's consent: Thermo Fisher Scientific will publish the name of the Winner. The Winner consents to the use by Thermo Fisher Scientific of Winner’s name and image in Thermo Fisher Scientific press releases, announcements, or other marketing literature.
7. There is no cash alternative to the Prize draw.
8. Thermo Fisher Scientific reserves the right to disqualify any Participant reasonably believed to have breached, undermined or subverted in any way the legitimate operation of this Prize draw, whether by deceptive or wilful activity or otherwise.
9. It is the responsibility of the Participant to ensure that entering this Prize draw does not conflict with internal rules and regulations within their organisation. In particular, and without limiting the foregoing, Participant warrants that his/her employers have full knowledge of their actions and have consented thereto. Thermo Fisher Scientific cannot be held responsible for any dispute within an organisation with regards to which individual should be allocated the Prize draw, nor can Thermo Fisher Scientific be held responsible for any defect in the Prize draw.
10. By participating in this Prize draw, Participant agrees to accept liability for any tax or duty due or payable as a result of qualifying for the Prize draw and to waive all rights to claim against Thermo Fisher Scientific and its respective parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, and agents in respect of any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the Prize draw (including but not limited to the receipt, use, or misuse of the Prize draw or any component thereof but excluding any death or personal injury caused by the negligence of Thermo Fisher Scientific).
11. If, for any reason, the Prize draw is not capable of running as planned, including because of tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, force majeure, or any other cause beyond the control of Thermo Fisher Scientific, which may corrupt or affect administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Prize draw, Thermo Fisher Scientific reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Prize draw.
13. By entering the Prize draw, each Participant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these rules and the decisions of Thermo Fisher Scientific, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
14. INDEMNITY; DISCLAIMERS: To the full extent allowed by law, Participants and each Winner release, indemnify and hold harmless the Thermo Fisher Scientific and its affiliates, directors, officers and employees from all liability for any damages, injury or losses to any person (including death and bodily injury) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the prize or participation in any Prize draw -related activity or participation in this Prize draw.
15. Thermo Fisher Scientific has not made any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any promotion, including, without limitation, to such tablet computer quality or fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall Thermo Fisher Scientific be liable, whether in contract, tort, warranty, or under any statute or on any other basis for special, incidental, indirect, punitive, multiple or consequential damages sustained by any participant or any other person or entity arising out of Thermo Fisher Scientific performance or failure to perform its obligations relating to the award of the tablet computer or performance of services, the possession or use of any product, or the performance by Thermo Fisher Scientific of any services, whether or not foreseeable and whether or not the Thermo Fisher Scientific is advised of the possibility of such damages, including without limitation damages arising from or related to loss of use, of data, downtime, or for loss of revenue, profits, goodwill, or business or other financial loss. The aforementioned limitations of liability do not apply (i) in case of death, personal injury or damages to health of a person caused negligently or wilfully or (ii) in cases of wilful or grossly negligent acts or omissions, or (iii) in cases of fraud and fraudulent misrepresentation or (iv) negligent or wilful violations of essential obligations under this Promotion that enable the implementation of this Promotion and on the fulfilment of which the Participant relied and was entitled to rely – in which case damages are limited to typical and foreseeable damages.