Advanced Real-Time PCR Technology
- Uses Fast (<40 min) or Standard modes
- Intuitive and easy-to-use application software for all major real-time PCR analyses
- Ultra-compact footprint fits any laboratory setting
- Multiple installation configurations available (e.g., PC-controlled, PC-free, networked)
- LCD touchscreen and USB drive for easy setup and analysis
- Remote monitoring and email notification for convenience and time savings
- The StepOne™ System is upgradeable to the StepOnePlus™ System to meet your changing research needs
Figure 1. StepOne™ and StepOnePlus™ Real-Time PCR Systems. The StepOne System features a 48-well block and 3-color detection. The StepOnePlus System features a 96-well block with six temperature zones and 4-color detection.
Both instruments offer a long-life blue LED-based optical system that records fluorescence from FAM™/SYBR® Green I, VIC®/JOE™, and ROX™ dyes. The StepOnePlus System also accommodates the NED™/TAMRA™ dyes and features VeriFlex™ technology, which combines six independently controllable peltier blocks for enhanced flexibility and precise temperature control.
Applied Biosystems offers a complete series of reagents, kits, and instruments for your research needs from start to finish. These products include RNA isolation kits, TaqMan® Assays (e.g., see page 37, TaqMan Technology: Expanding the Range of Gene Expression Analysis), and real-time PCR systems.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.