Gibco Protein Expression Basics is an online hub that brings together educational content and tools to enhance your research. Here you can access our protein expression virtual training lab, handbook, and educational videos. Start here if you are new to protein expression or need to refresh your knowledge.
Gibco Protein Expression Basics
Find your optimal expression system
Our interactive tool allows you to compare protein expression systems side-by-side, find the one that matches your yield and timeline goals, and see the products needed for a successful outcome.
Mammalian Transient Protein Expression Virtual Lab
The virtual training lab is an introduction to mammalian transient protein expression, covering topics including:
- Use of mammalian cells to produce proteins
- Strategies for protein expression using mammalian cells
- Protein production using the Gibco™ ExpiCHO™ Expression System
The Gibco mammalian transient protein expression lab is endorsed by The American Association for Cell Biology (ASCB). Gibco and ASCB are committed to cell biology education. As part of our partnership you will receive discounted membership to ASCB after completing the virtual lab.
Protein Expression Handbook
This protein expression handbook will help you choose the right expression system and purification technologies for your specific application and needs. Get tips and tricks when starting an experiment, and find answers to everyday problems related to protein expression.
Gibco ExpressionWorld Webcasts
Watch on-demand webcasts with leading industry experts and see the latest advances in protein expression.
ExpiCHO Expression System
Expi293 Expression System
Expi293 savings calculator
Gibco Protein Expression Basics videos
Table of Contents
Part 1 - Protein expression overview
- How proteins are made
- Cloning technologies for protein expression
- Transformation and plasmid isolation
- Selecting an expression system
- Cell lysis and protein purification
- Transient, high-yield mammalian expression
- Stable protein expression for large-scale, commercial bioproduction
- Targeted protein expression for stable cell line development
- Membrane protein production
- Viral delivery for mammalian expression
Part 3 – Insect cell-based protein expression
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.