Lipid-based Transfection Support
Explore our “Getting Started” and “Troubleshooting” sections for solutions to top inquiries and common problems. Browse through our "Guides and Tools" section to access a comprehensive portfolio of product-related support resources.
- What recommendations do you have for selecting a transfection reagent?
- What points should I consider to achieve optimal transfection with a lipid-based transfection reagent?
- What is the stability of your transfection reagents?
- Is Lipofectamine® 3000 the same as Lipofectamine® 2000? What about Lipofectamine® LTX, Lipofectamine® PLUS, and Lipofectin®?
- Do you offer a transfection reagent for transfection of mRNA?
- I've mistakenly frozen my lipid reagent—can I still use it?
- I am getting very low transfection efficiency. Can you please provide some troubleshooting tips?
- Why do I see cytotoxicity after performing transfection? Can you please help?
- Why are my transfections not reproducible?
- Sometimes I see a small granular precipitate on my cells (microscopically) following addition of the transfection reagent:DNA complexes to my cells. Why does this happen and will I see a decrease in transfection performance?
Guides and Tools
- Overview: Gene Delivery Methods
- Overview: Transfection Reagents
- Overview: Lipid Transfection
- Guide: Gibco® Cell Culture Basics Handbook
- Guide: Transfection and Genome Engineering Handbook
- Comparison Table: Which Lipofectamine® Transfection Reagent is Right for You?
- Protocols: Transfection Reagent–specific Transfection Protocols
- Protocols: General Transfection Protocols
- Protocols: Cell-specific Transfection Protocols
- Selection Table: Transfection Reagent Selection Guide
- Selection Table: Which Selection Antibiotic is Right for You?
- Video: How To Do Transfection, Short Overview Illustrated on Bench Paper
- Video: R&D Transfection Insights
- Video: Unboxing Transfection with Countess Automated Cell Counter
- Video: The Art of Transfection
- Video: Transfection Methods & Reagents
- Workflow: Gene Delivery Methods
- Selection: Which Plasmid DNA Transfection Reagent is Right for You?
- Technical Note: Plasmid Transfection Tips and Tricks
- Video: Plasmid Transfection Protocol
- Video: Lipofectamine® 3000 – Transfection Reagent Kit
- Video: Invivofectamine® 2.0 Transfection
- Overview: Lipofectamine® MessengerMAX™ Transfection Reagent
- Video: Lipofectamine® MessengerMAX™ mRNA Transfection Reagent
- Protocols: RNAi Transfection Protocols
- References: Lipofectamine® RNAiMAX Transfection Reagent – HighWire Press®
- Selection: Which siRNA Transfection Product is Right for You?
- Technical Note: RNAi Transfection Tips and Tricks
- Video: siRNA Transfection Protocol
In Vivo RNAi Transfection
- Overview: Invivofectamine™ 3.0 Reagent
- Gibco® Cell Culture Companion: An app designed to capture and store vital experiment information as you count cells, perform cell culture calculations, and generate growth curves.
- DailyCalcs Science Calculator: An app designed to calculate molarity, dilution, molecular weight, and more. Also includes a Transfection Calculator you can use to simplify transfection experimental setup.
GeneArt® Cell Lines and Proteins are a suite of service offerings designed to help facilitate protein expression in mammalian cell lines. We can help with every step of the process, including gene design, synthesis, cloning, protein production, and even stable cell generation. Alternatively, we can help with just the parts of the process you request.
Have us utilize our extensive suite of expression vectors and host systems to deliver the necessary protein yield for your application. We offer protein expression and production services in baculovirus and mammalian host systems, as well as protein purification and analysis services.
Whatever basic or discovery research question you are attempting to answer, our molecular biology experts can help to design the best custom solution utilizing our unique suite of technologies. Additionally, our dedicated project managers will guide your project through every step of the process, and constantly keep you informed of our progress. Put your trust in Invitrogen's molecular biology services.