Automotive Fluids & Lubricants
Determine chemical components and particle sizes of raw materials, identify changes in molecular information in a lubricant, and explore many other properties and reactions of fluids. Thermo Scientific analytical instruments are valuable tools in identifying properties from raw materials through finished products.
Learn more and browse our resources below.
Analyze changes and degradation in materials and screen for contaminants to ensure quality of lubricants, oils, gasoline and other fluids.
- FT-IR in QA/QC Laboratories and on Manufacturing Floors
- Raw Materials Qualification Within a Workflow: FT-NIR Analysis Using the Antaris II Analyzer
- FT-IR Analysis of Used Lubricating Oils - General Considerations
- Analysis of Low Sulfur in Fuels According to ASTM D 2622-08
- Analysis of Ultra-Low Sulfur Levels in Diesel Fuels
- Analysis of Unused Lubricating Oils per ASTM D4927 and ASTM D6443
- Measurement of Key Elements in Oils
- Chlorine Analysis in Fuel Oils
- Analysis of Lubricant Additive Elements per ASTM D 4927 by X-Ray Fluorescence
- Analysis of Lead in Gasoline per ASTM D5059