QuantStudio™ 3 and QuantStudio™ 5 Real Time PCR Systems Support—Getting Started
Find valuable information.
Optimize your experiments to get the best results. We’ve compiled a detailed knowledgebase of the top tips and tricks to meet your research needs.
View the relevant questions below:
The QuantStudio™ 3 Real-Time PCR System is a 4-color instrument with a 3-zone VeriFlex™ block, while the QuantStudio™ 5 Real-Time PCR System is a 6-color instrument with 6-VeriFlex™ zones in a 96-well block, (or 5-color format, no VeriFlex™ with 384-well block).
Yes, the QuantStudio™ 5 Real-Time PCR System has SAE (Security/Auditing/e-Signature) features that can be enabled in the QuantStudio™ Design and Analysis Desktop Software.
Yes, you can purchase the QuantStudio™ 3 or QuantStudio™ 5 Real Time PCR System without a computer. In this configuration, you can run the instrument through the touchscreen or the Design and Analysis application from Thermo Fisher Cloud.
When your new QuantStudio™ 3 or QuantStudio™ 5 Real-Time PCR System arrives in your lab, it will be factory calibrated. The recommended calibration schedule is to recalibrate every 2 years.
The block drawer is opened and closed by using the ‘eject’ button on the touchscreen. Do not push or pull on the instrument drawer.
Yes. To have the run file automatically upload to your Thermo Fisher Cloud account once complete, you will need to set the file destination on the touchscreen, prior to starting the run:
- Before you start the run, select the ‘Properties’ tab from an open experiment 2. Touch ‘Edit’
- Data Destination - Choose USB or Cloud
Alternatively, you could use Cloud Connect Utility to have all files from a specific hard drive folder location automatically upload to the cloud (for use with the QuantStudio™ Design and Analysis Desktop Software).
Yes, you can do this from either the instrument touchscreen, or from the Design and Analysis application of the Applied Biosystems™ qPCR Analysis Modules. You can also monitor the plots in real time with the QuantStudio™ Design and Analysis Desktop Software v1.2 or later.
You can set up your run in the Design and Analysis application, but to actually start the run, you will have to go to the instrument touchscreen.
- Set up the run in the cloud from the Design and Analysis application within the Applied Biosystems™ qPCR Analysis Modules.
- Save the experiment before starting a run: The file name was created from the experiment Name entered in the Properties tab. However, changes to the experiment Name in the Properties tab after the first save do not update the file name. To change the file name before a run, select Actions --> Save As.
- Go to an available cloud-connected instrument, enter your PIN to access this file, and start the run by choosing ‘Open Template’. Following a run, view experiment details, run duration, and instrument and software information in the Run Control screen of the Run tab.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.