Customer FAQ's - UK List Price Changes effective 1st November 2016
The UK List Price change and FAQ’s relate to Thermo Scientific Molecular & Protein Biology products, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Gibco and Ion Torrent products.
Please find below some Frequently Asked Questions which should further help with any queries you may have. If you need additional information then please contact your local Account Manager who will be happy to help. Thank you in advance for your continued support and we look forward to working with you through the remainder of 2016 and into 2017.
- Why are you changing the 2016 UK List Prices on 1st November 2016 for Thermo Scientific™ Molecular & Protein Biology products, Applied Biosystems™, Invitrogen™, Gibco™ and Ion Torrent™ products?
The list price changes and effective dates take into account the changing market conditions including currency fluctuations, inflation rate changes and other business costs. This change is required so that we remain competitive in the market, continuing to provide a high value offering, whilst managing the associated costs of doing business and retaining high levels of service and quality. We are not passing on the entire cost increase we have experienced and have worked hard to keep this to a minimum.
- What are the UK List Price average increases and when will they next be updated?
The change in price differs per product line but it averages out at +5% on total UK sales. We are hoping to maintain the updated List Prices effective 1st November 2016 for the rest of this year and through 2017 depending on market conditions. Please note any Customer Annual Agreement prices in writing will be unchanged until 31st December 2016, and will be updated as part of the renewal process, with new net prices effective 1st January 2017.
- When will new List Prices be available?
All new list prices can be viewed online at www.thermofisher.com from 1st November 2016. If you would like any other information, then please contact your Account Manager.
- When can I see a copy of my updated account quotation and how will my prices change?
Any Customer Annual Account Quotations in writing with net prices will be unchanged until 31st Dec 2016, and will be updated as part of the renewal process, with new net prices effective 1st January 2017. A copy will be sent to you by your local Account Manager.
- Can I get a copy of my country price list?
We do not publish country price lists however our pricing is available on our website or through your Account Manager.
- When should I upload the quote price file onto our system?
Please work with your Account Manager to ensure that you load, if needed, your new List pricing before 1st November 2016, and new Account Quotation net pricing before 1st January 2017. This will help alleviate any order processing delays once the new pricing goes live.
- I'm a B2B customer with an electronic catalogue, is the process different for me?
The only additional steps in the B2B process involve loading and approving an updated 2017 e-catalogue via the 3rd party provider. Your Account Manager will be in contact in due course and allow sufficient time for your system to be updated.
- How are the rest of Thermo Fisher Scientific product portfolio prices affected by this announcement?
The change announced here only affects the Life Sciences Solution portfolio. For other Thermo Fisher Scientific products, please contact the relevant local Account Manager to find out more about their price changes. Fisher Scientific will have the same List Price increases effective 1st November 2016.
- I order through an authorised distributor, am I affected by this price increase?
Please contact your local distributor for their latest pricelist.
- Will you be changing your freight charges?
Freight charges will be changed effective 1st January 2017.
- Why are you changing your freight charges?
Thermo Fisher Scientific reviews its freight policy on an annual basis and adjusts it accordingly to offset any rising business costs. Thermo Fisher Scientific continues to work hard to contain these costs, and believe this freight policy review is essential to retain the levels of service our customers expect.
- What are the freight policy changes going to be?
The freight change for 2017 differs per country. All revised country standard freight terms for 2017 can be viewed online from 1st January 2017 at www.thermofisher.com.
- If the current issues with the UK currency exchange rates return to more normal levels will you be readjusting your UK pricing?
We always endeavour to hold our prices for as long as possible, however this depends on many factors including developments in the currency markets.