Thank You for Registering for K Show 2016
Oct 19, 2016
- Oct 26, 2016
Messe Düsseldorf, Germany
The world’s premier fair for the plastics and rubber business, K Show features everything the industry has to offer – from the latest innovations to development visions. Connect with us to learn how the comprehensive Thermo Fisher Scientific portfolio speeds the development, production, and quality analysis of polymers at any stage of the value chain. Whether you support research, QA/QC, product development or production, our products combine to solve all of your everyday challenges.
We look forward to seeing you at Booth B59 in Hall 10!
Our product portfolio helps scientists and manufacturers cover the complete polymer and plastics lifecycle, simulating or accelerating production and improving efficiency at every stage of the value chain.
From incoming raw materials and process control to quality assurance and failure analysis, we partner with you to design innovative, comprehensive solutions that meet your unique application challenges.
Become inspired by how the innovations in Hall 10, Booth B59 enable you to accelerate success.
New Raman innovations enable more complete materials understanding including sample morphology and dynamic behavior, rapidly and without the need for technical expertise. The new Thermo Scientific™ DXR™2 family of Raman instruments provides morphological as well as chemical information. A new interface enables hyphenation of Raman with other analytical techniques and manufacturing equipment, providing correlation between physical and chemical traits, better prediction of performance, and optimization of quality.
The Thermo Scientific™ Nicolet™ iS™50 FT-IR Spectrometer offers one-touch simplicity, flexibility and integration in a compact, cost-effective workstation. Fully automated, the multi-spectral range iS50 FT-IR spectrometer dramatically improves productivity in analytical laboratories focused on understanding complex materials.
- Touch Point operation simplifies instrument set up and operation
- ATR, Raman, TGA and NIR modules at the touch of a button
- Integrated modules provide flexibility to analyze multiple sample types
- Automation allows unattended multi-range operation
- Software takes guesswork out of interpretation for improved productivity
- Analyze base polymer and plasticizers, pigments, and fillers, adhesives, paints and rubbers
- Use for troubleshooting , deformulation studies, reverse engineering and product development
Streamline your infrared microanalysis workflow with the Thermo Scientific™ Nicolet™ iN™10 Infrared Microscope. Designed with the simplicity of an FT-IR spectrometer and the ability to measure samples down to a few microns, it is a modern, productive and cost-effective infrared microanalysis solution. The Nicolet iN10 IR Microscope provides answers with the high degree of confidence required by today’s analytical laboratories.
The Thermo Scientific™ Nicolet™ iS™5 FT-IR Spectrometer provides the ideal performance and fit for product assurance testing and material identification. Whether you choose the Mid-IR or Near-IR version, this spectrometer delivers maximum confidence and reliability by implementing the same field-proven FT-IR technology found on other Thermo Scientific Nicolet FT-IR models. Driven by award-winning Thermo Scientific™ OMNIC™ Software, the Nicolet iS5 spectrometer provides innovative solutions and simplicity for any stage of the polymer life cycle.
You have compounded your material and look for rheological testing then? With the Thermo Scientific™ HAAKE™ MARS™ Rheometers, viscoelastic properties of polymer melts and solutions as well as of solid specimens can be tested in shear, oscillation and elongation mode as a function of stress or strain, frequency, time or temperature.
The HAAKE MARS is a modular rheometer platform for individual demands and has much more to offer:
- Technology advances such as patented technologies for air bearing and normal force sensor enabling accurate measurements
- Well conceived design for ease of use from quick connection of accessories up to measuring and evaluation software for beginners and professionals
- A broad range of accessories up to customized solutions allows to tailore made the rheometer to your needs
- Application Solutions: Unique combined method accessories for platform specific expansions such FT-IR, Microscope, Raman and DEA coupling with rheometer
The Thermo Scientific™ HAAKE™ MiniJet Pro Sample Preparation System helps you to produce ISO / ASTM-compliant testing specimens even from minimal amount of available materials. Work more efficiently and save money by reducing the time it takes to create samples for analyses and reduce expensive testing materials. The compact HAAKE™ MiniJet Pro sample preparation system is ideal for use with small-scale compounders like the Thermo Scientific™ HAAKE™ MiniLab and Thermo Scientific™ Process 11. Increase your testing and scale-up effectiveness and simplify your workflow.
- Bring test specimen production to the bench in you lab. With optional features for temperatures up to 420°C and cooling option
- Meet ISO standards for sample testing
- Run material testing on small sample sizes (3–15g) for quality control, tensile and stress tests, reliability and repeatability
- Simplify cleaning for quick turnaround times between formulations
- Benefit from an integrated solution for (micro)compounding and sample preparation for rheometers or use it as a standalone solution
The next generation of the Thermo Scientific™ HAAKE™ MiniLab Micro-Compounder will be introduced at K 2016. The new Micro-Compounder combines the advantages of the existing instrument with an intuitive user interface for standalone operation using a Tablet computer. A new app is available for Apple™ iOS or Android™ devices. With the tablet app customer is enabled to program and run a defined measuring job routine and can monitor relevant process parameters such as torque, pressure, temperature and screw speed.
The HAAKE MiniLab is used to measure structural changes during compounding and assess rheological properties of test materials ideal for R&D. The pneumatic force feeder guarantees easy sample loading. An integrated, bypass valve allows to recirculate the sample in a slit-capillary backflow channel for a defined tome period or extrude it for further testing. The HAAKE MiniLab offers the additional advantages:
- With its hinged barrel and fast cooling capacity, allows the freezing of the compound for further examination.
- Measures relative viscosity during the compounding process
- Uses as little as 5g or 7ml of material
- Fits in a fume hood to limit exposure to hazardous materials
- Use as a standalone unit or as a computer-controlled system for rheological measurements
The modular Thermo Scientific™ HAAKE™ PolyLab™ OS Torque Rheometer provides process-relevant material data like melt viscosity and behavior, temperature and shear stability. A variety of processing equipment including single screw and twin screw extruders and measuring mixers are offered as accessories for the HAAKE PolyLab OS system.
Furthermore, process modeling activities such as compounding polymers with additives, scale-up extrusion processes by using different L/D ratios to extrapolate to your master process line, simulation of master processes starting with
50g of materials only and a wide range of post-extrusion accessories are available.
Consequently, you can optimize your process parameters, create test specimens or perform quality control on incoming and outgoing goods with regards to viscosity, dispersion or plasticizing behavior.
The compact Thermo Scientific™ PROCESS 11 Bench-top Extruder can help you compounding in a range of 20 grams per hour to 2.5kg per hour. Benefits which ease up your daily work are for instance:
- Easy operation by intuitive touch screen control
- Integrated feeder control
- Fast cleaning due to clam shell barrel design with removable top half barrel
The process parameters obtained with PROCESS 11 are directly scalable with all our larger scale extruders such as Thermo Scientific™ EuroLab 16 and Thermo Scientific™ TSE MC 24. We are introducing our sheet die and chilled sheet take off at K show offering several advantages including:
|Sheet Die:||Chilled Sheet Take Off:|
Manufacturing process control and repeatability is key to ensuring your products have excellent protective qualities, meet industry standards and are attractive to consumers. The Thermo Scientific™ IPlus™ Measurement and Control System accurately measures the basis weight or direct thickness of cast film, sheet and foam extrusion, coatings, flexible packaging and extruded films for thermoformed packaging. The intuitive system is specifically tailored to cast film extrusion, extrusion coating or sheet extrusion measurement and process control requirements, and uses advanced software algorithms and automatic process controls to ensure uniform product quality, increase yield and reduce raw material waste.
- High repeatability and accuracy of measurements
- Powerful, comprehensive software
- Advanced sensor technologies
- Easy to use and maintain
- Low cost of ownership, excellent return on investment
Extend the shelf life of food products and protect medical instruments from contaminants! The Thermo Scientific™ 21Plus! Measurement and Control System measures the basis weight or thickness of extruded films and coatings, ensuring uniform quality product across the width of the web, while reducing waste and precisely controlling raw material use! The 21Plus! is the perfect solution for biax and cast film extrusion, extrusion and tandem extrusion coating, flexible and aseptic packaging and technical films. Combined with the system´s new multilayer blown film application, it is also ideal for producing barrier layer films for the food, medical, and specialty film markets.
- Comprehensive, customizable measurement and control portfolio
- Supports multiple frames and sensors
- Ensures improved product quality, process efficiency and raw material savings
- Robust performance and easy to maintain
- Fast return on investment