Dynabeads® Products & Technology
Dynabeads® magnetic separation is gentle and tube-based. No columns or centrifugations are necessary. The true uniformity of bead size, shape and surface area provides optimal accessibility and rapid liquid-phase reaction kinetics. You can reduce variability and get more reliable and reproducible results for your purifications and your analyses.
Select your application for in-depth information
Go directly to our online catalog
- Cell isolation
- Cell expansion
- mRNA isolation kits
- DNA isolation kits
- Protein sample fractionation
- Ligand-coupled beads
- Surface-activated beads
- Magnets & Sample mixer
Dynabeads® technology for magnetic bead separation
Magnetic particles (Figure 1) from alternative suppliers often have a random size range and surface area that could compromise the reproducibility of your results.
Figure 1. SEM-pictures of Dynabeads® (A) and alternative magnetic particles from other suppliers (B–E). Courtesy of Mikal Heldal, University of Bergen, Norway.
Characteristics of Dynabeads®
- Dynabeads® are superparamagnetic particles, meaning that they exhibit magnetic properties when placed in a magnetic field with no residual magnetism once removed from the magnetic field
- Unique batch-to-batch reproducibility secures reproducible, quality results
- Spherical shape and defined surface chemistry minimize chemical agglutination and non-specific binding
- The polymer shell on each bead protects your target from toxic exposure to iron
- Bioreactive molecules can be adsorbed or coupled to their surface, and used to separate biological materials (cells, proteins, nucleic acids, etc).