Thermo Fisher Scientific Agreement to Acquire Affymetrix
January 8, 2016
The addition of Affymetrix, which will be integrated into Thermo Fisher’s Life Sciences Solutions business, will strengthen our leadership in biosciences and genetic analysis.
Until the close of the transaction, which we expect by the end of June 2016, both companies will continue to operate independently and it is business as usual. We will continue to provide our customers with the same levels of innovation and customer service that they’ve come to expect from our company.
- There will be no change in the way you do business with us as a result of this announcement.
- We will continue to provide you with the same levels of innovation and customer service that you’ve come to expect from Thermo Fisher.
- Once the transaction is complete, the addition of Affymetrix’s highly complementary technologies will strengthen our biosciences and genetic analysis offerings, and enhance our ability to help you accelerate innovation and increase productivity.
- Furthermore, Affymetrix’s antibody portfolio will significantly expand our offering in the fast-growing flow cytometry market as well as new high-growth applications including single-cell biology, immunotherapy and infectious disease research. We look forward to giving our customers greater access to these products through our global scale and commercial reach.
- No. There will be no change in the way you do business with us as a result of today’s announcement. Our customers should expect the same timely delivery and quality service they have always received from Thermo Fisher.
- Existing contracts will continue to be honored in accordance with their terms, and as a result of this transaction, between now and the close, there will be no change in the way we do business with you.
- There will be no change in the way we do business with you as a result of this announcement.
- Your company contact will remain the same and our customers can expect the same innovative products and personalized service that you have come to expect from Thermo Fisher.
- Until the transaction is completed, we remain two separate companies.
- You should continue to place orders as you currently do through our normal channels and with the current legal entities for Thermo Fisher.
- Any changes post acquisition will be communicated to you as required.
- Until the transaction closes, which we expect by the end of June 2016, Thermo Fisher and Affymetrix will continue to operate as two separate companies.
- There are no changes at this time to the products and services provided by Affymetrix.
- It is important to note that upon the transaction’s close, all existing contracts will continue to be honored in accordance with their terms. Your company contact will remain the same and you can expect the same innovative products and quality service that you have come to rely on from Affymetrix.
- Over time, as we integrate Affymetrix within Thermo Fisher, we believe customers will have even greater access to Affymetrix products and we will be able to better help you accelerate innovation and increase productivity.
- The transaction, which is expected to be completed by the end of June 2016, is subject to the satisfaction of customary closing conditions, including applicable regulatory approvals.
- As we work towards completing the transaction, I want to assure you that it’s our top priority to make this a smooth and seamless transition.
For ordering or product support, please reference the Thermo Fisher Scientific contact information here ›