Enter to win a MiniAmp Plus Thermal Cycler
Everyone should have their own thermal cycler
Have a colleague doing important research who does not have a thermal cycler or is always waiting for their turn on a shared instrument?
Here is how you can help:
- Create a video telling us about your colleague’s work and why they need a thermal cycler (the video should be 1 min or less).
- Complete the form below and upload your video by May 15, 2018.
- Entries will be judged on creativity and persuasiveness–have fun!
Enter to win:
* Required field
*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Participation in the Applied Biosystems MiniAmp Thermal Cycler Video Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to life science professionals 21 years and older in the US (excluding Puerto Rico) and Canada (excluding Quebec) who submit a video. One entry per person. Healthcare Professionals (as defined in the complete Terms and Conditions) may not participate in this promotion. Federal and state government employees may not participate in this promotion.
The person submitting the video (the “Nominator”) must work at the same institution/company as the person they are nominating to receive the prize (the “Nominee”). The Nominator is entering their video on behalf of a Nominee who needs a thermal cycler for their work. The employer of the Nominator and Nominee will be the recipient of the prize (the “Winner”). The deadline to submit a video is May 15, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. US Pacific Time. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel this Contest if a minimum number of 10 qualified submissions are not received by the Sponsor by the submission deadline. A panel consisting of 5 judges with backgrounds in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Synthetic Biology, Protein Biology and Research and Development will select the winning video based upon the following criteria:
1. Requirement: webform was filled out completely.
2. Requirement: valid contact information was provided.
3. 25%: Nominee routinely performs PCR and their work is impaired by having insufficient access to a reliable thermal cycler.
4. 25%: Work to be performed on thermal cycler is described.
5. 50%: Case stated for need of thermal cycler is creative and persuasive.
Sponsor reserves the right to cancel this Contest if a minimum of 10 eligible submissions are not received by the Sponsor by the submission deadline.
The Nominee will be notified of their selection by approximately May 22, 2018. The prize is an Applied Biosystems™ MiniAmp™ Plus Thermal Cycler (retail value approx. $3995 USD). Participants warrant that they are not prohibited by employment, contract, or law from accepting a prize from the Sponsor. Offer void where prohibited, licensed, or restricted by federal, state, provincial, or local laws, regulations, or agency/institutional policies. Other restrictions may apply. In case of any inconsistency between these short rules and the complete Terms & Conditions, the complete Terms & Conditions will always prevail. A copy of the complete Terms and Conditions is available here.