Radiation Detection and Monitoring for Security Personnel
Any scenario. Maximum protection.
We are constantly advancing technology to protect against the threat of radiation and radioactive material with real-time detection and immediate results. From mobile detection devices to mobile and portal detection monitors, we have a solution for any scenario. Rely on us for:
- Breadth—full product suite for a wide range of radiation detection needs
- Quality—designed and manufactured for a lifetime of use in the harshest of environments
- Experience—serving the industry for over 55 years
- Innovation—new technologies and solutions to help ensure you keep pace with a changing industry
Looking for radiation products, but don't have the funding?
Handheld detection for any scenario
Thermo Scientific™ RadEye™ Spectroscopic Radiation Detectors are ideal for contamination monitoring in radiation controlled areas, contamination check points, and waste and material shipping surveys.
- Portable—pager-sized detectors are easy to carry and go with you wherever monitoring is needed
- Configurable—units can be customized to match a wide variety of applications
- Easy-to-use—highly intuitive user interface helps ensure rapid adoption and wide-spread use
What handheld detection instrument is best for you?
Recent articles on radiation issues
Scott Masiella, Global Safety & Security Market Manager, Radiation Measurement and Security Instruments, Thermo Fisher Scientifc, discusses this topic in Police One magazine.
American Security Today Guest Editorial by Scott Masiella, Global Safety & Security Market Manager, Radiation Measurement and Security Instruments, Thermo Fisher Scientifc.
Scott Masiella, Global Safety & Security Market Manager, Radiation Measurement and Security Instruments, talks to Homeland Security Today about radiological risks at hospitals and medical facilities.
Our products in action
Additional services and information for security personnel
Configurable services to help you optimize the performance of your radiation equipment. Select from a wide variety of service products to maximize the productivity of your assets while managing the high cost of unplanned maintenance and repair.
The natural background rejection (NBR) measurement method has been developed by Thermo Fisher Scientific for extremely fast discrimination between natural and artificial gamma radiation and is deployed on all Thermo Scientific™ radiation monitors. Using an instrument with NBR allows you to keep your alarm threshold extremely low without the need to worry about false alarms from non-threatening sources.