Affinity Tag Purification
The ideal affinity tag should be small in size and as inert as possible to limit any potential interaction with the recombinant protein or proteins that might be present in culture media.
CaptureSelect C-tagXL Affinity Tag System
CaptureSelect C-tagXL is a novel affinity tag system offering unique selectivity for a small four amino acid peptide tag: E-P-E-A (glutamic acid–proline–glutamic acid–alanine), which enables simple purification of C-tagged proteins.
- Smallest affinity tag available comprised of four residues: E-P-E-A
- Limited effect on protein functionality unlike larger tags (GST, HIS6)
- High selectivity and binding affinity for recombinant protein purification
- Enabling high target yield and purity from complex mixtures (compared to HIS6-tag)
CaptureSelect C-tagXL Resin
- High binding affinity when E-P-E-A tag displayed at C-terminus of protein
- Binding under both physiological and denaturing conditions (up to 8 M urea)
- Crude feed stock can be applied
- Mild elution, protecting the protein of interest
- Robust and reusable affinity matrix
|CaptureSelect C-tagXL Affinity Matrix||
Unique selectivity for a small four amino acid peptide tag (E-P-E-A). Purifies C-terminal tagged proteins with high affinity and selectivity from complex mixtures like cell culture harvests and periplasmatic fractions in a one-step process.
|CaptureSelect C-tagXL Affinity Matrix (pre-packed)
||1 mL and 5 mL columns pre-packed with the CaptureSelect C-tagXL affinity matrix|
|Binds the short C-tag sequence E-P-E-A (glutamic acid - proline - glutamic acid – alanine) when this affinity tag is fused at the C-terminus of a target protein|
|CaptureSelect Biotin Anti-C-tag Conjugate||Binds the short C-tag sequence E-P-E-A (glutamic acid - proline - glutamic acid – alanine) when this affinity tag is fused at the C-terminus of a target protein|
Purification of a C-tagged protein
Figure 1. Coomassie Brilliant Blue (CBB) stained SDS-PAGE analysis of a C-tagged antibody fragment spiked in CHO cell culture harvest.
M. Molecular weight marker
Anti-C-tag affinity ligand
In addition to the CaptureSelect C-tag affinity resin, the anti-C-tag affinity ligand is also available as conjugated ligand (conjugated to Biotin). This facilitates easy detection and or quantitation of EPEA C-tagged proteins using techniques such as ELISA, Western blot, and label-free platforms (Biacore™ and Octet®).
For Research Use or Further Manufacturing. Not for diagnostic use or direct administration into humans or animals.