In-Process Support Containers
The use of Thermo Scientific™ single-use systems for storing or holding in-process and production sterile buffers and process liquids is well established. Our portfolio of in-process and production-use outer support containers includes stainless steel container systems, industry-standard cylindrical plastic tanks, and drums.
These in-process outer containers are designed to fit Thermo Scientific™ BioProcess Container (BPC) systems for use in biopharmaceutical and bioproduction applications. These applications include buffer and media preparation, sampling, pooling of non-sterile solutions and fluids, feeding sterile media into bioreactors and buffers into purification systems, and receiving and storage of harvest.
Thermo Scientific™ HyPerforma™ Smartainer II™ Stainless Steel Outer Container Systems
Large volume outer container systems are simple, durable, and economic containers constructed in 304 stainless steel.
- Simple, durable, ergonomic, and economic design constructed in 304 stainless steel
- Available in non-jacketed or jacketed options for applications where heating or cooling are required
- Modular system with optional accessories for mobility and BPC handling
- Movable by forklift, pallet jack, or available carts
- Suitable for both top and bottom discharge
- Smooth surfaces for easy cleaning
- Standard BPC chambers and configurations available to match design of these large volume stainless steel containers
- In-house applications in critical areas
- Sterile media and buffer storage and transport within a facility
- Feeding sterile media into bioreactors, and buffers into purification systems
- Receiving and storage of bioreactor harvest
Large volume systems are not intended for shipping applications. For shipping applications, see our large volume stainless steel shipping systems.
Thermo Scientific™ Accent Plastic Outer Container Systems
The Accent plastic outer container systems are designed for safe intra-facility fluid handling and storage. This platform gives users the flexibility to add options to the standard product without extensive lead times or cost.
- Standard sizes: 100 L, 200 L, 500 L, and 1,000 L. (wide configuration option available in 1,000 L).
- Easy-of-use and operation.
- Clean room grade swivel casters (available up to 500 L).
- Smooth, clean room grade plastic.
Commonly used industry-standard tanks are economic, in-process outer container systems for BPCs and tank liners.
- Economic outer container system for short-term, in-process applications
- Industry-standard design
- Available as a top drain option
- Standard BPCs and tank liners available to match design of these tanks
- In-house applications in non-critical areas
- Hydration of powdered media and buffers
- Pooling of non-sterile solutions and fluids
Standard cylindrical drums
Standard cylindrical drums are economic, validated shipping systems for BPCs and tank liners.
- Constructed of linear low-density polyethylene (LLDE)
- Available in a range of volumes
- Available in top- or bottom-drain options
- Support a range of standard BPCs and tank liner designs
- In-house applications such as harvesting and storage in non-critical areas
- Shipping and in-house handling needs
Have questions about single-use technologies, Gibco™ media, POROS™ chromatography resins, Applied Biosystems™ SEQ rapid contaminant tests, or our Cell Therapy System products? Click below to access product brochures, training videos, mobile apps and more.