EVOS XL Cell Imaging System
See the gallery of beautiful images taken with the EVOS XL Cell Imaging System.
|Attribute||EVOS XL Detail|
|Illumination||Adjustable intensity LED (>50,000-hour life per light cube)|
|Contrast methods||Transmitted light (bright field and phase contrast)|
|Objective turret||5-position, front-mounted control|
|Condenser||Includes 3 positions, with bright-field and phase-contrast annuli|
|Condenser working distance||53 mm|
|Stage||Mechanical “glide” stage with X-Y axis fine-positioning controls
Interchangeable vessel holders available
|LCD display||15” high-resolution (1,024 x 768 pixels) color monitor with adjustable tilt|
1/2” 2,048 x 1,536, 3.1 megapixels
|Captured images||Color camera:
24-bit color TIFF or PNG;
JPEG, BMP (2,048 x 1,536 pixels
|Output ports||3 USB ports, 1 DVI port (supports direct output to USB and networked stage)|
|Power supply||AC adaptor; input 100–240 V, 50–60 Hz; output 12 V DC/4.15 A|
|Dimensions||Height: 578 mm (22.8 in)
Depth: 470 mm (18.5 in)
|Weight||14.2 kg (31.4 lb)|
EVOS® XL Cell Imaging System Citations
- Liu B et al. (2013) Overexpression of parkin in rat nigrostriatal dopamine system protects against methamphetamine neurotoxicity. Exp Neurol doi:10.1016/j.expneurol.2013.01.001
- Bak J-P et al. (2012) Application of concentrated deep sea water inhibits the development of atopic dermatitis-like skin lesions in NC/Nga mice. BMC Complement Altern Med 12(1):108.
- Genina N et al. (2012) Tailoring controlled-release oral dosage forms by combining inkjet and flexographic printing techniques. Eur J Pharm Sci 47(3):615–623.
- Kim J et al. (2012) In vitro culture of epicardial cells from adult zebrafish heart on a fibrin matrix. Nat Protoc 7:247–255.
- Martin I et al. (2012) Generation of Schwann cell-derived multipotent neurospheres isolated from intact sciatic nerve. Stem Cell Rev 8(4):1178–1187.
- Mavila N et al. (2012) Fibroblast growth factor receptor-mediated activation of AKT-β-catenin-CBP pathway regulates survival and proliferation of murine hepatoblasts and hepatic tumor initiating stem cells. PLoS ONE 7(11):e50401. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0050401
- McCanless JD et al. (2012) Hematoma-inspired alginate/platelet releasate/CaPO4 composite: initiation of the inflammatory-mediated response associated with fracture repair in vitro and ex vivo injection delivery. J Mater Sci Mater Med 23(8):1971–1981.
- Singh V et al. (2012) Inhibition of biofilm formation by esomeprazole in Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Staphylococcus aureus. Antimicro Agents Chemo 56(8):4360–4364.
- Urbanska AM et al. (2012) Therapeutic effect of orally administered microencapsulated oxaliplatin for colorectal cancer. Biomaterials 33(18):4752–4761.
- Wucherpfennig T et al. (2012) Comprehension of viscous morphology—Evaluation of fractal and conventional parameters for rheological characterization of Aspergillus niger culture broth. J Biotechnol 163(2):124–132.
- Wucherpfennig T et al. (2012) Customization of Aspergillus niger morphology through addition of talc micro particles. J Vis Exp doi:10.3791/4023.
- Wucherpfennig T et al. (2012) Improved assessment of aggregate size in Taxus plant cell suspension cultures using laser diffraction. Eng Life Sci 12:595–602.
- Boross P et al. (2011) The in vivo mechanism of action of CD20 monoclonal antibodies depends on local tumor burden. Haematologica 96(12):1822–1830.
- De Luisi A et al. (2011) Lenalidomide restrains motility and overangiogenic potential of bone marrow endothelial cells in patients with active multiple myeloma. Clin Cancer Res 17:1935–1946.
- Greiner JFW et al. (2011) Efficient animal serum-free 3D cultivation for adult human neural crest-derived stem cell therapeutics. Eur Cell Mater 22:403–419.
- Paron I et al. (2011) Tenascin-C enhances pancreatic cancer cell growth and motility and affects cell adhesion through activation of the integrin pathway. PLoS ONE. 6(6):e21684. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0021684
- Trappetti C et al. (2011) LuxS mediates iron-dependent biofilm formation, competence, and fratricide in Streptococcus pneumoniae. Infect Immun 79:4550–4558.
- Fridley KM et al. (2010) Unique differentiation profile of mouse embryonic stem cells in rotary and stirred tank bioreactors. Tiss Eng 11:3285–3298.
- Louie E et al. (2010) Identification of a stem-like cell population by exposing metastatic breast cancer cell lines to repetitive cycles of hypoxia and reoxygenation. Breast Cancer Res 12(R94):1–14.
Thermo Fisher Cloud provides scientists with a secure place to store, share and analyze their data. Upload your files from anywhere you have access to the Internet by simply dragging them to the Cloud folder on your Windows™ desktop. Share the results with your colleagues to observe patterns, validate findings, and develop insights. And it’s not just for data files. Upload a presentation for an upcoming conference or a particularly useful how-to video.
EVOS XL Resources
|EVOS XL Software Update
New Cell Analysis Support Center