- Trout liver S9 and hepatocytes contain Phase I and Phase II xenobiotic metabolizing enzymes
- Rapid and cost-effective measurements of fish metabolic biotransformation potential can be assessed by measuring the intrinsic clearance rate of the parent chemical
- Reduction in the need for whole animal testing currently required using the OECD TG 305 fish BCF test
- Validated assays with data on differences in male and female metabolism and time- and protein-concentration optimization
- Controls (heat-treated S9 or hepatocytes) included to account for non-metabolism dependent turnover
We are currently in process of validation with funding from ECVAM and CEFIC.
Solutions Designed for You
We've Done the Fishing for You!Fish have been used in in vivo studies by researchers for decades to assess bioaccumulation, metabolism, and environmental risk. More recently, in vitro studies have demonstrated that hepatocytes, microsomes, and hepatic S9 fractions are effective and efficient tools to predict the in vivo endpoint for biotransformation and bioconcentration factor (BCF) testing.
The benefits of Invitrogen rainbow trout hepatocytes, microsomes, and S9 liver fractions include:
- Consistent with the 3Rs approach
- Convenient, ready-to-use, pooled lots
- High hepatocyte viabilities (≥90%)
- Functionally tested for Phase I and Phase II enzyme activities
To place an order or to receive order information on our hepatic products and services:
contact us by phone: (USA) +1 919 237 4500
or visit us on the web at, www.cellzdirect.com.
|Trout Hepatocytes, Female||>5 million viable cells/ml||1.0 ml||TRCH-F|
|Trout Hepatocytes, Male||>5 million viable cells/ml||1.0 ml||TRCH-F|
|Trout Microsomes, Female||20 mg/ml||0.5 ml||TRMC-PL-FM|
|Trout Microsomes, Male||20 mg/ml||0.5 ml||TRMC-PL|
|Trout S9 Fractions, Female||20 mg/ml||1.0 ml||TRS9-PL-FM|
|Trout S9 Fractions, Male||20 mg/ml||1.0 ml||TRS9-PL|
|Trout S9 Fractions, Isogenic||20 mg/ml||1.0 ml||TRS9-ISO-PL|
|*male offspring from the same female|