The GeneArt™ Gene Synthesis service offers chemical synthesis, cloning, and sequence verification of virtually any desired genetic sequence. You will receive a bacterial stab and/or purified plasmid containing your synthesized gene—ready for downstream applications.
GeneArt Gene Synthesis
How to order
Order standard gene synthesis online
Standard gene synthesis uses our highly automated process with turnaround times starting at just 9 business days, depending on sequence length (quicker options available). It is appropriate for most constructs with uncomplicated secondary structure and without direct/indirect repeats or long polypurine/polypyrimidine runs. Like all GeneArt Gene Synthesis services, standard gene synthesis includes the following components to help assure that your construct meets all of your research, quality, and documentation requirements.
GeneArt® Gene Synthesis service production times
|Gene length||Production time (business days)||Promotional pricing|
Only $0.28/bp USD!
|5,001–9,000 bp||Configure your project to estimate production times||NA|
|>9,000 bp||Contact us***||NA|
*Valid for standard gene synthesis (non-complex, GC content 10–80%).
sequences, add 5 business days.)
**Subject to sequence assessment. Order must be placed by 3:00 p.m. CET.
***We will respond to your email in a 24hr time frame. Please use our Sequence Submission Form to transfer your sequence.
Please note: Rarely, requested sequences are found to be toxic and/or genetically unstable. These production times are only valid for nontoxic sequences that are genetically stable in E. coli.
(Sub) genome size and long DNA constructs
For researchers who need long custom DNA constructs for pharmaceutical development (e.g. viral genomes) or for metabolic engineering, pathway engineering, or synthetic biology, we offer a fast, reliable, and economic solution—our proprietary and completely in-house GeneArt™ DNA synthesis and assembly services.
- High-throughput gene synthesis with a capacity of >8.5 Mbp per month (fast and reliable production of DNA pieces for assembly)
- Expert design and assembly technologies and process expertise for the assembly of constructs from 10 kb to several hundred kilobases, with timelines starting from 25 business days
- Robust technologies to build DNA constructs with highest complexity
- Sanger sequencing and next-generation sequencing offer flexible solutions for sequence verification and final QC
- Proven track record of reliable and timely production for long and complex constructs, with dozens of constructs built each year
- Proprietary technologies to build high-quality gene fragments up to 3 kb, and assembly kits that enable do-it-yourself construction and assembly
Learn more about (Sub) genome size and long gene synthesis
Why choose GeneArt™ Gene Synthesis
- Flexible, custom process: Obtain the exact sequence you need in the vector of your choice—including challenging, complex constructs, and custom vectors.
- Maximized protein yield: Optional sequence processing with GeneOptimizer software generates sequence variants with enhanced mRNA stability and translational efficiency.
- Rapid synthesis and assembly: Standard turnaround times start at 10 business days (accelerated options available).
- Economical: The cost of the GeneArt™ Gene Synthesis service rivals costs that would be incurred to purchase the oligonucleotides and molecular biology reagents required for gene synthesis, and outsourcing your gene synthesis and cloning means you can focus on your research.
- Excellent accuracy: All custom synthesized genes are sequenced as part of our ISO 9001:2008–certified quality management system; we only ship constructs with exact sequence agreement.
- Multiple options: We can synthesize ready-to-clone linear fragments, synthetic genes in circular plasmids, complete vectors, and more. Compare all gene synthesis options
- GeneArt™ It: Save time and labor by outsourcing your gene synthesis and cloning so you can focus on your research.
Gene synthesis is a fast, simple alternative to traditional cloning
Whether you have limited cloning experience or simply want to save time, the GeneArt™ Gene Synthesis service helps you move your ideas from the planning stage to the laboratory more quickly. Benefit from our experience in successfully producing over 180,000 constructs for customers as diverse as large pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology start-ups, and basic research institutions. The comparison shown below highlights the time and effort saved compared to traditional cloning.
GeneArt™ Gene Synthesis process
Submitted DNA sequences are designed by our team of highly skilled scientists to include/exclude restriction enzyme sites and translation elements as requested, and are optionally optimized using our GeneOptimizer software for maximum protein production.
Up to a 100-fold increase in expression
The GeneOptimizer process has been shown to help deliver large increases in protein yield via a combination of factors that stabilize mRNA and maximize translation efficacy (see figure). Efficacy has been proven in a large comparative gene expression study (Multiparameter RNA and Codon Optimization: A Standardized Tool to Assess and Enhance Autologous Mammalian Gene Expression Fath et al., 2011 PLoS ONE).
Comparative expression analysis of wild type vs. an optimized human gene. Western blot analysis using α-His antibody. Expression levels of 2 independent transfections per wild type and optimized construct are displayed, showing a 3-fold difference in expression in this particular analysis. Standardization is based on endogenous protein.
Save time with the new express cloning service!
Using an alternative production procedure with pre-prepared expression vectors, we can clone your GeneArt™ synthesized genes directly into selected expression plasmids, saving 4–5 business days compared to the standard workflow with cloning into pMx series vector first.
Turnaround time for expression-ready genes starts at 11 business days (depending on the length of your gene). Adding the gene synthesis express upgrade cuts an additional 2 days, so it is possible to get a turnaround time of 9 business days for your cloned, expression-ready gene.
Learn more about our express cloning service
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.