Vector NTI® Express Software
Completely redesigned to be faster, more intuitive and with a dedicated Mac OS® X version Vector NTI® Express Software retains the core, trusted tools of Vector NTI Advance® Software with a brand new interface.
Built on a new platform, Vector NTI® Express Software supports the future of bioinformatics and synthetic biology with a plug-in architecture to consistently deliver new tools and functionality.
What's New in Vector NTI® Express Software
Performing multiple sequence alignments with the new interface of Vector NTI® Express Software
- Brand New Interface. Find and use tools quickly and easily with an intuitive and streamlined interface. Vector NTI® Express Software introduces an internet browser-like functionality to switch between projects in a tabular view.
- Dedicated Mac OS® X Support. Vector NTI® Express Software runs on Mac OS® X without the need for emulation solutions. Windows® 7 and Windows® XP operating systems are also supported.
- Plug-In Architecture. New Bioinformatics tools from Life Technologies will be delivered seamlessly through automatic updates to the existing software. Vector NTI® Express Software will check for these new tools automatically in addition to refinements to existing tools so you can have full confidence your software is up to date. Vector NTI® Express will check for these new tools automatically in addition to refinements to existing tools so you can have full confidence your software is up to date.
Prescribed workflows make projects such as Contig-Assembly and Gateway® cloning easy to perform, step-by-step.
- Prescribed Workflows. Projects such as Contig-assembly and Gateway® and TOPO® cloning are now performed in a step-by-step workflow. Quickly identify suitable Gateway® or TOPO® vectors from your library and build your clones with ease.
- Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) Support. Bam File outputs from NGS platforms such as Ion Torrent PGM™, SOLiD®, and Illumina® HiSeq® platforms that have been processed into FASTA File format (we recommend tools such as SAM tools and Picard) can be read into Vector NTI® Express Software for analysis.
- EMBOSS Algorithms. Standards-Based Bioinformatics Algorithms, Import Support for Analysis File Types (BED, GFF, GTF), Compare Annotation on a Genome—Multi-Track Analysis (Gene, Promoter, Multiple Splice Variants, Transcript, Protein, and Terminator), and intersections to create new annotations.
- Molecule Relationships. New tools for studying DNA-protein relationships, including translation, reverse-translation, and codon optimization.