Gene Expression Analysis
Comprehensive solutions for gene expression profiling, validation, and screening
Explore differential gene expression, find fusion transcripts, investigate alternative splicing, or perform global gene expression profiling. Whether you are looking to investigate a single gene or the entire transcriptome, our growing portfolio of technologies, including next-generation sequencing, real-time PCR, and microarrays, provides solutions for any RNA expression study.
- Discover differentially expressed genes using the Ion AmpliSeq™ Transcriptome workflow for a simple and sensitive approach to profiling the RefSeq transcriptome. Based on PCR amplification technology, capture low- and high-expressing genes in a single experiment.
- Need a quick and effective way to profile known genes and transcripts? See the Affymetrix™ portfolio of gene expression products.
- Investigate individual transcripts or groups of genes in a molecular pathway by designing your own targeted Ion AmpliSeq RNA panels or selecting one of our ready-made gene panels for probing RNA gene expression in oncology research samples.
- Looking for high-throughput with a minimal number of genes? Consider OpenArray™ plates and TaqMan™ array cards that deliver rapid and precise quantification with minimal hands-on time.
- Select from over 1.5 M predesigned TaqMan Assays in >25 species in real-time with our TaqMan Assay search tool.
Transcriptome sequencing by next-generation sequencing enables the discovery of differentially expressed genes using a hypothesis-neutral approach. Sanger sequencing methods can also be used for gene expression profiling and analysis.
Digital PCR enables highly precise measurements and is able to resolve gene expression level changes of two-fold or less. Digital PCR can also determine the absolute quantification of a transcript without the need for a reference gene.
Real-time PCR is the gold-standard technique for validation of differential gene expression profiles. Our comprehensive offering of TaqMan Gene Expression assays and flexible formats enable fast and cost-effective results.
How to choose the right gene expression analysis solution for your needs
Whether you’re changing the number of samples in a study or the number of targets to monitor, we have solutions along the gene expression continuum designed to cover your needs. Our comprehensive qPCR and NGS solutions for gene expression profiling and validation are built on a solid foundation of PCR, and Affymetrix microarrays offer complete genomic analysis solutions from the pioneer and leader in hybridization-based technology.
- >1.5 million predesigned TaqMan Assays in >25 species
- Custom assays to study any gene or splice variant in any organism
- Flexible formats enable fast and cost-effective results
- Gold-standard for differential gene expression validation
- Predesigned and custom panels available
- Monitor gene expression from 12 to >20,000 genes in a single assay
- Robust performance with degraded samples (e.g., FFPE)
- >582,000 coding and non-coding genes, exons, and splicing events
- Use as little as 100 pg RNA from all sample types
Data analysis tools that transform raw data to informative results are critical for the quick and comprehensive understanding of the biological significance of gene expression data.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.