With over 7 million SNP assays now available, including 4 million HapMap SNPs, nearly 1 million coding SNPs and 1.4 million common 1000 Genomes SNPs, Applied Biosystems™ TaqMan™ SNP Genotyping Assays make it easy to perform human and mouse SNP genotyping studies with the precision of Applied Biosystems™ TaqMan reagent–based chemistry. TaqMan SNP Genotyping Assays offer SNP detection capabilities, high-confidence results, and will help accelerate your research.
- Large selection of SNP assays so you can advance your validation and screening studies for disease association and population stratification applications
- Easy-to-use, single-tube format
- Robust assay design provides highly accurate, reproducible and reliable results
- Easy assay ordering and a simple workflow enable quick results
Assay Search Tool:
- Custom TaqMan SNP Genotyping Assays
- TaqMan Drug Metabolism Genotyping Assays
- TaqMan Genotyping Master Mix
- TaqMan GTXpress Master Mix
Data analysis tools
|Discrimination:||5' nuclease assay to discriminate between 2 alleles of a specific SNP for use in genotyping studies.|
|Assay Components:||Each pre-formulated assay contains:
|Reactions:||Sufficient for 750, 1,500, 5,000, or 12,000 5 uL reactions in a 384-well plate, depending on product type and scale ordered.|
|Documentation:||Available to download at thermofisher.com/taqmanfiles:
|Assay Information File:||Includes sales order number, part number, assay ID, probe and primer concentrations, and Context Sequence. Also includes NCBI dbSNP ID, chromosome location, cytogenic location, gene association, SNP type, and Applied Biosystems minor allele frequencies, if applicable.
The Context Sequence is the nucleotide sequence surrounding the SNP site and is provided in the (+) genome strand orientation relative to the NCBI reference genome. The SNP alleles are included in brackets, where the order of the alleles corresponds to the association with probe reporter dyes, where [Allele 1 = VIC dye / Allele 2 = FAM dye].
|Shipping and Storage||
Shipped at ambient temperature.
|Catalog # - Human||Catalog # - Mouse**||Size||No. of 25 µL reactions (96-well)||No. of 10 µL reactions (96-fast)||No. of 5 µL reactions (384-well)|
Need a different dye, scale, or reaction volume? Use our TaqMan Custom Assay and Oligo Manufacturing Service
Approximate delivery times are 4–6 days in the US and 6–10 days in Europe.
TaqMan Assay documentation files can be downloaded at thermofisher.com/taqmanfiles
Manuals & protocols
- Progress toward an efficient panel of SNPs for ancestry inference
Forensic Sci Int Genet. 2014 May;10:23-32.
Kidd KK, Speed WC, Pakstis AJ, Furtado MR, Fang R, Madbouly A, Maiers M, Middha M, Friedlaender FR, Kidd JR.
- Ancestry informative marker sets for determining continental origin and admixture proportions in common populations in America.
Hum Mutat. 2009 Jan;30(1):69-78. doi: 10.1002/humu.20822.
Kosoy R, Nassir R, Tian C, White PA, Butler LM, Silva G, Kittles R, Alarcon-Riquelme ME, Gregersen PK, Belmont JW, De La Vega FM, Seldin MF.
- Validation of the performance of a comprehensive genotyping assay panel of single nucleotide polymorphisms in drug metabolism enzyme genes.
Hum Mutat. 2008 May;29(5):750-6. doi: 10.1002/humu.20703.
Welch RA, Lazaruk K, Haque KA, Hyland F, Xiao N, Wronka L, Burdett L, Chanock SJ, Ingber D, De La Vega FM, Yeager M.
- Whole genome amplification of DNA for genotyping pharmacogenetics candidate genes.
Front Pharmacol. 2012 Mar 30;3:54. doi: 10.3389/fphar.2012.00054. eCollection 2012.
Philips S, Rae JM, Oesterreich S, Hayes DF, Stearns V, Henry NL, Storniolo AM, Flockhart DA, Skaar TC.
- Serum based assay accurately detects single nucleotide polymorphisms of IL28B and SOCS3 in HIV/HCV co-infected subjects.
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2014 Jun 19. [Epub ahead of print]
Shaffer A, Hubbard J, Townsend K, Kottilil S, Polis M, Masur H, Kohli A.
- Analysis of chosen polymorphisms in FoxP3 gene in children and adolescents with autoimmune thyroid diseases.
Autoimmunity. 2014 May 1. [Epub ahead of print]
Bossowski A, Borysewicz-Sańczyk H, Wawrusiewicz-Kurylonek N, Zasim A, Szalecki M, Wikiera B, Barg E, Myśliwiec M, Kucharska A, Bossowska A, Goscik, Ziora K, Górska M, Ksrętowski A.
- Targeted SNP Genotyping Using the TaqMan Assay
Disease Gene Identification
Methods in Molecular Biology Volume 700, 2011, pp 77-87
Dorit Schleinitz, Johanna K. DiStefano, Peter Kovacs
- New generation pharmacogenomic tools: a SNP linkage disequilibrium Map, validated SNP assay resource, and high-throughput instrumentation systemfor large-scale genetic studies.
Biotechniques. 2002 Jun;Suppl:48-50, 52, 54.
De La Vega FM1, Dailey D, Ziegle J, Williams J, Madden D, Gilbert DA.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.