Automated Thermal Cycler (ATC)
Designed for easy integration with a robotic platform
- Flexible modular design saves space on deck
- Easy-to-install software solutions for robotic integration: SiLA Rapid Integration™ standard*–compatible software and prewritten application programming interfaces (APIs)
- Free software for stand-alone operation allows assay optimization before integration
Automated instrument features
- Automated lid for hands-free operation with a liquid handler or plate stacker
- Heated cover slides forward to cover the plate nest, enabling thermal contact and minimizing evaporation
- Automated plate ejectors help ensure consistent plate positioning for half-skirted or fully-skirted 96-well plates
Fully integrate your automated system with our easy-to-install software:
- Integration-compatible SiLA rapid integration coding language for maximum flexibility when integrating on your robotic platform
- Direct software allows you to run your Automated Thermal Cycler before installing your robot. This allows you to optimize your assays even before robotic integration, if desired.
We are currently working with robotics/liquid handling system manufacturers on the development of drivers compatible with the Applied Biosystems Automated Thermal Cycler (ATC).
|Thermo Fisher Scientific||
|Beckman Coulter Inc.||
|Hudson Robotics Inc.||
Please contact Technical Support for any questions regarding driver development and robotic integration.
Space-saving design with small thermal cycler footprint
- Flexible modular design helps save space on a robotic deck
- Separate control panel module and block module can be stacked or separated to fit available deck or bench space
- Choice of 10 cm, 1 m, and 3 m cables accommodates variable locations for the control module under the thermal cycler, under the deck, or up to 3 m away from the unit
Use the ATC as a stand-alone PCR thermal cycler
Flexible software can easily be connected to your robot’s software interface or be used to control the ATC as a stand-alone instrument. Test your instrument using the ATC desktop application before integrating it into your robotic automation system (Figures 1 and 2).
Figure 1. Easy-to-use desktop software application included with the stand-alone version of the ATC.
Figure 2. Easy visualization and monitoring of temperature and ramp rate data during your PCR run.
Manuals and specifications
The Applied Biosystems MicroAmp EnduraPlate Optical Plates with Barcode have been exclusively designed for use with the Automated Thermal Cycler to provide reliable, consistent PCR results.
Automated Thermal Cycler — Customer Stories
PCR and cDNA Synthesis Support Center
Tips and troubleshooting help
School of Molecular Biology, PCR Education
Technical content for new and experienced molecular biologists
We provide award-winning service options for all Applied Biosystems thermal cyclers.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.