Coated ELISA Kits
Quantitate with conﬁdence
Coated ELISA kits are designed, manufactured, and tested to provide the lowest possible inter- and intra-assay variability and the highest possible lot-to-lot consistency.
Choose Invitrogen coated ELISA kits for quantitation of individual analytes from a variety of sample types. The kits include pre-coated plates and ready-to-use reagents, helping to ensure that you obtain consistent ELISA performance for your research. Coated ELISA kits are designed for labs that require validated and comprehensively tested kits.
Read on to learn more, or select coated ELISA kits from among all targets-specific ELISA kits using the following selection guide.
Invitrogen coated ELISA kits are tested and validated as complete lot-specific sets of components, including reagents and pre-coated plates. This contrasts with uncoated ELISA kits, which require end-users to accept responsibility for the quality of plate-coating steps. Learn more about our methods of ELISA Validation and Quality Testing.
Note: Unless the title of an ELISA kit product contains the word “Uncoated”, you can assume that it is a coated ELISA kit (i.e., the word “Coated” does not appear in the title of coated ELISA kits).
- Broad menu of over 1,000 targets
- Optimized for sensitive, accurate, and consistent performance
- Thorough instructions to complete protocol in 2.5 to 4 hours (varies by kit)
- Validated for typical sample types (e.g., serum, plasma, supernatant, lysates)
- Consolidated portfolio of legacy product lines and brands. (Invitrogen ELISA kits include products previously sold under Affymetrix eBioscience, Thermo Scientific, Pierce, and Novex brands, now part of Thermo Fisher Scientific.)
Most kits are effective for several sample types (e.g., serum, plasma, and cell culture supernatant) or cell lysate, tissue homogenate, urine, and cerebrospinal fluid (CSF), as appropriate to the target. Kits are available for use with human, mouse, rat, monkey, bovine, and porcine samples. Several ELISA kits are designed for use with multiple species.
With some exceptions, Invitrogen coated ELISA kits are constructed as indirect sandwich ELISAs. Most kits have the following components, albeit with various specific titles. Consult individual product specifications and manuals for details. Certain kits use HRP-conjugated secondary antibodies or other variations of this kit structure.
Typical product structure of coated ELISA kits:
- 96-well strip plate pre-coated with capture antibody
- Detection antibody (biotinylated)
- Streptavidin-HRP conjugate (and HRP dilution buffer)
- Calibrated standard
- Standard and sample diluent
- Wash buffer
- TMB substrate solution
- Stop solution
Among all Invitrogen coated ELISA kits are variants that are optimized, formatted, or otherwise designated for particular uses. Look for the following options as you Find ELISA Kits by Target.
- Instant ELISA kits—Simply add sample to perform 1-wash, 1-hour ELISA. These kits come with most assay components already added and lyophilized in the plate. Phospho-specific ELISA kits of this type are called InstantOne ELISA kits. Learn more about Instant ELISA Technology.
- Ultrasensitive or high-sensitivity ELISA kits—Compared to corresponding unmarked kits, these kits are optimized and tested for lower limits of detection or greater sensitivity (resolution).
- Other ELISA formats—Read our Overview of ELISA to learn more about sandwich ELISA, competitive ELISA, In-cell ELISA, and ELISPOT.
Over 700 cytokine and extracellular ELISA kits covering broad range of targets in several species and various sample types.
Tau, amyloid beta, and other target-specific ELISA kits designed for neuroscience researchers and those studying neurological disorders.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.