Novex Tris-Glycine Gels
Invitrogen Novex Tris-Glycine Gels are robust gels for a wide range of sample types and molecular weights. They offer sharp straight bands and easier-to-load, larger capacity wells.
Invitrogen Novex Tris-Glycine Mini Gels and Novex Tris-Glycine Plus Midi Gels are polyacrylamide gels based on traditional Laemmli protein electrophoresis, which allows the use of Laemmli sample and running buffers. Novex Tris-Glycine Gels offer reproducible separation of a wide range of proteins into well-resolved bands.
Features of the Novex Tris-Glycine Gels include:
- Diversity—use for native and denaturing protein assays
- Wedge-shaped wells—easily load up to two times more sample volume (Mini only)
- Fast run conditions—quickly separate your proteins using constant voltage in less than 60 minutes
- Improved shelf life—store gels for up to 12 months at 4°C
Novex Tris-Glycine Gels do not contain SDS and can be used to run your proteins in native or in denatured form. For denatured proteins, we recommend using tris-glycine SDS sample buffer and a tris-glycine SDS running buffer. For native proteins, we recommend using a tris-glycine native sample buffer and a tris-glycine native running buffer.
Novex Tris-Glycine Gels use a tris-glycine discontinuous buffer system with three ions primarily involved:
- Chloride (–), supplied by the gel buffer, serves as the leading ion because it has the highest attraction to the anode relative to other anions in the system.
- Glycine (–), the primary anion provided by the running buffer, serves as the trailing ion, because it is only partially negatively charged and remains behind the more highly charged chloride ions in a charged environment.
- Tris base (+) is a common ion present in both the gel and the running buffers. During electrophoresis, the gel and buffer ions in the tris-glycine system form an operating pH of 9.5 in the separating region of the gel.
|Available gel sizes||Mini: 8 cm x 8 cm (1.0 mm thick)
Midi: 8 cm x 13 cm (1.0 mm thick)
|Shelf life||Up to 12 months|
|Recommended sample buffer||Tris-glycine SDS and native sample buffers|
|Recommended running buffers||Tris-glycine running buffer|
|Available polyacrylamide concentrations||6%, 8%, 10%, 12%, 14%, 16%, 4–12%, 4–20%, 8–16%, 10–20%|
|Separation range (denaturing)||8–250 kDa|
|For use with (equipment) mini gels||Mini Gel Tank or XCell SureLock Mini-Cell|
|For use with (equipment) midi gels||Bio-Rad Criterion (with adapters only) or XCell4 SureLock Midi-Cell|
|Mode of separation||Molecular weight|
|Well type||Mini: 1D, wedge well format
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.