Small RNA & miRNA Sequencing
The study of RNA transcription and interference has grown tremendously since the discovery of microRNA. The term “small RNA” has now come to include many types of RNA, such as microRNA (miRNA), short interfering RNA (siRNA), piwi-interacting RNA (piRNA), and more.
Ion Torrent™ next-generation sequencing systems provide sequencing-based analysis of all known and novel small RNA transcripts in a strand-specific, hypothesis-free fashion. Both the Ion Proton™ and Ion PGM™ Systems offer a range of integrated, optimized reagents and workflows for sample preparation through data analysis in your research.
- Flexible sample input—analyze small RNA from sample types such as FFPE tissue, starting with as little as 5 ng Increased dynamic range
- Increased dynamic range—quantify transcripts more accurately with increased sequencing depth and a much higher dynamic range than with a microarray
- Precise identification—differentiate between closely related transcript species
- Preserved strand orientation—map small RNA exactly to the strand it is derived from
- Novel RNAs—detect more unmapped small RNAs and isoforms
Choose the sequencing platform that best suits your needs
Ion Torrent™ small RNA sequencing enables a single-day workflow, intuitive analysis, and a short sequencing run. Fast and affordable, the price of sequencing a single sample per chip is comparable to that of microarrays.Learn more
- Increased Read Number: Generate greater than 700 million mapped sequence reads per flowchip for RNA expression analysis
- Multiplex: Sequence up to 96 RNA libraries simultaneously, reducing the cost of analysis per sample.
Small noncoding RNAs are typically only ~18–40 nucleotides in length; however, they have been shown to play critical roles in cellular processes such as developmental timing, cell fate, tumor progression, and neurogenesis.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.