A streamlined path to neural differentiation
- High-efficiency neural induction in only seven days without EB formation
- Generation of >20 million NSCs staring from 1 million PSCs
- High-quality NSCs that can be cryopreserved, expanded, and differentiated
PSC Neural Induction Medium
A simple protocol is used to initiate PSC induction to neural stem cells in only 7 days.
The protocol can be viewed on left and includes:
- Prepare complete Neural Induction Medium
- Split and plate PSCs
- Add complete PSC Neural Induction Medium to culture
- Change medium every other day until cells reach maximal confluency (by day 6)
- Harvest NSCs
See the proof: high-quality, functional neural stem cells
Figure 1. Unlike existing methodologies, Gibco PSC Neural Induction Medium does not require the intermediary step of embryoid body (EB) formation which adds time, labor, and variability.
Figure 2. 80-90% neural induction efficiency.
Figure 3. Neural Stem Cells (NSCs) generated using the Gibco PSC Neural Induction Medium have high expression of NSC markers and can be further differentiated into other neural cell types.
Figure 4. Heat Map (A): Expression of NSC-related genes and default regional identity of the sample population shown by a heat map generated by the R software. NSCs from pluripotent stem cell (PSC) origin expressed most of the NSC-related genes that are also expressed by fNSCs. Primitive NSCs expressed genes related to ventral hindbrain as in default. The gene expression data are log2 transformed. (B): Expression of select non-neural genes and identity of the sample population shown by heat map. NSCs from PSCs at passage 0 (P0) (pNSCp0) and expanded NSCs to P6 (pNSCp6), rdNSCs, and human fNSCs are included for comparison. The gene expression data are normalized (i.e., all genes have a mean of 0 and an SD of 1). Abbreviations: fNSC, fetal cortex-derived neural stem cell; NSC, neural stem cell; pNSCp0, NSCs on differentiation day 7 in neural induction medium; pNSCp6, pNSCp0 passaged six times; rdNSC, rosette-derived neural stem cell.
Transition seamlessly from pluripotent stem cells (PSC's) to neural stem cells (NSC's) to terminally differentiated neurons
Go from pluripotent stem cells to neurons in three easy steps:
- Culture PSC's feeder free with Essential 8 Medium
- Switch to PSC Neural Induction Medium to generate NSC's in seven days without the need for embroid body (EB) formation
- Differentiate NSC's to neurons, astrocytes, or oligodendrocytes with B-27 and N-2 supplements
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.