Cell Structure and Analysis: ICC, IHC, and IF Support
Explore our “Getting Started” and “Troubleshooting” sections for solutions to top inquiries and common problems. Browse through our "Guides and Tools" section to access a comprehensive portfolio of product-related support resources.
- I have two primary antibodies from the same host species that I wish to use to label the same cells. How do I choose secondary antibodies?
- I know I need to block my samples against non-specific protein binding of my antibodies, but which blocker should I use?
- Where can I go to get help with choosing dyes for labeling organelles and cell structures?
- When staining with live-cell dyes, under what circumstances should I omit serum?
- I want to perform multi-color imaging. How do I choose the right dye combination?
- After labeling with my antibody, I am seeing non-specific background binding in my cells or tissue. What could be the cause?
- My tissue shows fluorescent signal everywhere. Is it my secondary antibody?
- I am seeing non-specific binding in the nuclei and mitochondria of my cells with a secondary-only control, but protein binding isn’t enough to stop it. What can I do?
- I’m labeling my cells or tissue with two different antibodies, but there seems to be cross-labeling, where I see the same color on both antigen locations. What is happening?
- I’m using your CellLight™ BacMam reagents for fluorescent protein-labeling of my cell organelles, but they aren’t labeling well. How can I improve it?
Guides and Tools
- Overview: Immunofluorescence Imaging
- Overview: Immunohistochemistry
- Overview: Immunohistochemistry vs Immunocytochemistry
- Overview: Fixation Strategies and Formulations
- Overview: Paraffin Removal and Antigen Retrieval
- Overview: Methods to Block Endogenous Detection
- Overview: Blocking Strategies for IHC
- Overview: IHC Immunodetection
- Overview: Avidin-Biotin Complex Method for IHC Detection
- Overview: Immunofluorescence Method for IHC Detection
- Overview: IHC Counterstains
- Overview: IHC Troubleshooting Guide
- Overview: Molecular Probes™ School of Fluorescence
- Learning Center: Cell Analysis
- Cell Analysis Resource Library (useful technical, application, and other learning resources including application notes and methods)
- Guide: The Molecular Probes™ Handbook
- Images: Image Gallery
- Journal Articles: BioProbes™ Journal of Cell Biology Applications
- Newsletter: ProbesOnline™ Newsletter
- Protocols: Cell Analysis Protocols
- Tutorials: Fluorescence and Flow Cytometry Tutorials
- Fluorescence SpectraViewer : Plot and compare spectra, check spectral compatibility, and email the configuration to yourself or others in the lab.
- Cell Staining Simulation Tool: Create your perfectly labeled fluorescent cell and share it with your colleagues using the email or print function.
- Antibody Search Tool
- Fluorescence SpectraViewer Mobile App: An app to plot and compare spectra, check spectral compatibility, and email the configuration to yourself or others in the lab. This mobile version of SpectraViewer acts as an extension of our online Fluorescence SpectraViewer.
- Alexa Fluor™ Selection Guide Widget: A widget designed to provide you with a concise and informative set of criteria for choosing the optimal Alexa Fluor™ dye for your antibody or protein labeling application.
- Cell Imaging Reagent Guide & Protocols App: An app designed to help you find fluorescent dyes, reagents, kits, and protocols for cell biology-related fluorescence microscopy applications. Also included are product guides for instrument calibration and setup, protein labeling and secondary detection.
- 3D Cell Simulation & Cell Staining Tool (for iPad™ device): Learn about the cell and all its structures, rotate the cell 360 degrees, watch live cell videos, and virtually stain your own cell with Molecular Probes™ dyes.
- Gibco™ Cell Culture Companion: An app designed to capture and store vital experiment information as you count cells, perform cell culture calculations and generate growth curves.
- DailyCalcs Science Calculator: An app designed to calculate molarity, dilution, molecular weight, and more. Version 3.0 now has eight calculators, including a new Specific Productivity Calculator for use with fed-batch cell culture processes and a Transfection calculator you can use to simplify transfection experimental setup.
- Flow Cytometry Reagent Guide and Protocols App: An app designed to help you find fluorescent reagents, kits, and protocols for cell biology–related flow cytometry applications. Also included are product guides for instrument calibration and setup, protein labeling, and secondary detection.
All the components necessary to develop the most appropriate assay for your research or discovery target of interest are available from us with our custom solutions. Additionally, our dedicated project managers will guide your project through every step of the process, and constantly keep you informed of our progress. Let us take the hassle out of your hands with a custom solution for you.
With a proven track record of over 18,000 custom antibody projects completed to date, our custom antibody development, purification, and screening services deliver the quality, consistency, and performance you need. Once your custom project is underway, you can track the real-time progress of your project via OpenProject™ software. Our manufacturing facilities are ISO 13485:2003 certified and registered with the FDA. We offer USDA, and OLAW accreditation standard, and AAALAC form accreditation by special request.
Every cell culture project is unique. We are committed to providing you with products and services customized to your research and production needs. Presenting the Gibco™ quality media you know and trust; customized to your specifications.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.