DNA collection products
We offer innovative, customizable sample collection solutions, include the Copan NUCLEIC-CARD, Copan 4N6FLOQSwabs, and ForensiX SafeDry collection systems. In combination with our completely integrated human identification analysis workflows, these collection systems enable forensic and paternity laboratories to maximize efficiency, and improve downstream STR analysis and first pass success rate.
- Frippiat C, Noel F. Comparison of performance of genetics 4N6 FLOQSwabs™ with or without surfactant to rayon swabs. J Forensic Leg Med. 2016 Aug;42:96-9.
- A. Dadhania, M. Nelson, G. Caves, R. Santiago, D. Podini. Evaluation of Copan 4N6FLOQSwabs™ used for crime scene evidence collection. Forensic Science International: Genetics Supplement Series. 2013 Volume 4, Issue 1, Pages e336–e337
- Mawlood SK, Alrowaithi M, Watson N. Advantage of ForensiX Swabs in Retrieving and Preserving Biological Fluids. J Forensic Sci. 2015 May;60(3):686-9.
- Sarah N. Stricklin. The Evaluation of Different Collection Methods for the Optimum Recovery of DNA from Bloodstains on Various Surfaces. Thesis, 2013
- Garvin AM, Holzinger R, Berner F, Krebs W, Hostettler B, Lardi E, Hertli C, Quartermaine R, Stamm C. The forensiX evidence collection tube and its impact on DNA preservation and recovery. Biomed Res Int. 2013;2013:105797.
- Using DNA to Fight Property Crime
- Cotton Swabs vs 4N6FLOQSwabs™: A Comparative Study for Optimal Recovery of Simulated Touch DNA. Rebecca Santigo, Glorianna Caves, Michelle Nelson, and Daniele Podini (Department of Forensic Sciences, The George Washington University), AAFS 2013
- Forensic Devices for Maximizing Crime Scene Sample Procurement. Luciano Garofano (Italian Academy of Forensic Sciences), Pasquale Linarelo and, Luca Salvaderi (NGB Genetics), AAFS 2012
- Forensic Flocked Collection Devices to Maximize Crime Scene Sample Procurement. Squassina A., Poli A., Gervasona A., Castrician S., Paroni R., and Triva D. (Copan Italia S.p.A), ISFG 2011
- Comparison of Copan Forensic Collection Kits to Traditional Forensic Devices for Maximizing Crime Scene Sample Procuremen. Luciano Garofano (Italian Academy of Forensic Sciences), Pasquale Linarello, and Luca Salvaderi (NGB Genetics), IAFS 2011
© 2013 Life Technologies Corporation. For Forensic or Paternity use only. All rights reserved. The trademarks mentioned herein are the property of Life Technologies Corporation and/or its affiliate(s) or their respective owners. NUCLEIC-CARD and 4N6FLOQSwabs are trademarks of Copan Flock Technologies. Buccal DNA Collector is a trademark of Bode Technology.