RapidFinder Express Software v2.0
RapidFinder™ Express Software overview
RapidFinder™ Express Software v2.0 is a graphical, easy-to-use software for multiple food pathogen detection applications. The software:
- Leads you through the steps to specify the targets of interest, and the number of samples and controls to run.
- Gives you the flexibility to let the software determine the optimal location for unknown samples and controls on the plate or to customize the plate layout.
- Leads you through the steps to start an instrument run. The software uses preset, optimized thermal cycling conditions.
- Automatically generates the results (presence or absence of the pathogen), which you can view for all locations, for each sample, or for individual tubes.
RapidFinder Express Software v2.0 comes with pre-installed validated Applied Biosystems™ MicroSEQ™ workflows for the detection of Salmonella spp., Listeria monocytogenes, Listeria spp., E. coli O157:H7, and shiga-toxin producing E. coli (STEC) screening and confirmation in a variety of food matrices.
The RapidFinder Express v2.0 installer can be used to:
- Install RapidFinder Express Software v2.0 on your Windows™ 10 or Windows 7 operating system. Note that installing RapidFinder Express v2.0 software on some versions of the Windows 10 operating system can create some compatibility issues with the functionality of SDS Software.
- Upgrade RapidFinder Express Software v1.2 to v2.0 on your Windows 7 operating system.
RapidFinder Express v2.0 installation or upgrade instructions
Note: If a previous version of RapidFinder Express Software is installed on your computer, it's a good idea to create a backup of your existing experiment files located in the Applied Biosystems\ SDS Documents folder. You can view RapidFinder Express Software v1.2 files after you upgrade to RapidFinder Express Software v2.0.
- Download and save the installer ZIP file to your hard drive.
- Right-click the ZIP file, then select Extract All.
- Open the setup folder, then double-click setup.exe. Note: If a dialog window appears stating "You must be logged in with Administrator rights to install RapidFinder Express Software v2.0", click OK, then right-click setup.exe and select Run as administrator.
- Follow the wizard prompts to install or upgrade to RapidFinder Express Software v2.0 and SDS Software v22.214.171.124.
Additional compatible assays
The following validated assays can also be installed and used with RapidFinder Express Software v2.0:
Please click on the link to download the kit files you require. You will need to download each kit file separately.
- PT0100a SureTect™ Salmonella Species ›
- PT0200a SureTect™ Listeria Species ›
- PT0300a SureTect™ Listeria monocytogenes ›
- PT0400a SureTect™ E. coli O157:H7 ›
- PT1060a SureTect™ Cronobacter Species ›
- A33227 RapidFinder™ Salmonella Species, Typhimurium and Enteritidis Multiplex for RapidFinder Express Software v2.0 ›
These kit files can be installed by importing them into the RapidFinder Express Software by following these steps:
- Download the ZIP file for the desired pathogen assay and save it to a folder on your hard drive.
- Extract the pathogen assay ZIP file. You will see the three corresponding files with EDT, INI, and CSV file extensions in your folder. NOTE: Do not edit any of these files. Any changes will make them invalid.
- In the Main screen of RapidFinder Express Software v2.0, select ‘Manage System Settings’.
- In the Targets pane of the System Settings screen, click Browse. Select the INI file from the folder where you extracted the pathogen assay files.
- Open the INI file by double-clicking, then click Import.
- In the Targets pane of the System Settings screen, confirm that the assay module was added to the list of assays.
- Click Save and Close. The newly imported assay is now ready for use.