Quantifiler® Duo Toolkit
Given the growing number of casework samples submitted by law enforcement, forensic laboratories constantly seek new ways to improve efficiency, The Quantifiler® Duo kit is a powerful new tool which provides more comprehensive information in a single quantification reaction, and it has been optimized and validated as part of a complete DNA testing system with the AmpFℓSTR® PCR Amplification Kits. Utilizing the complete integrated Applied Biosystems toolkit, forensic labs can streamline their workflow while maximizing the recovery of interpretable STR profiles from sexual assault cases and other challenging samples.
- AmpFℓSTR® Yfiler® PCR Amplification Kit - enables the analysis of complex male/female DNA mixtures that often yield ambiguous or inconclusive results with autosomal STRs.
- AmpFℓSTR® MiniFiler™ PCR Amplification Kit - miniSTR kit that increases the ability to obtain DNA results from compromised samples that previously would have yielded limited or no genetic data.
- AmpFℓSTR® Identifiler® PCR Amplification Kit - the single most discriminating and widely used STR-based kit for human identification applications from Applied Biosystems. The Identifiler kit amplifies 15 loci and Amelogenin in a single tube and provides loci consistent with major world-wide STR databasing standards.
- AmpFℓSTR® SGM Plus® PCR Amplification Kit
Amplifies 10 STR loci and the gender marker Amelogenin yielding a highly informative kit for human identification, with a 1 in 5 X 1012 average probability of identity.
- AmpFℓSTR® Profiler Plus® PCR Amplification Kit
Amplifies nine tetranucleotide short tandem repeat (STR) loci and the Amelogenin locus in a single reaction tube. The STR loci amplified are D3S1358, D5S818, D7S820, D8S1179, D13S317, D18S51, D21S11, FGA, and vWA.
- AmpFℓSTR® COfiler® PCR Amplification Kit
Complements the existing AmpFℓSTR® Profiler Plus® PCR Amplification Kit. The two kits provide human identification laboratories with the ability to generate information for all 13 core STR loci required by the Combined DNA Index System (CODIS) database in two PCR amplifications.
- AmpFℓSTR® SEfiler Plus™ PCR Amplification Kit
Amplifies 12 total markers, including the eight STR loci required by the German DNA database, and has been designed to be a single solution for laboratories that process casework or high volume DNA database samples. The kit utilizes a high performance PCR buffer system and re-optimized PCR conditions for improved "first pass" success rate with challenging samples.
Click here to view an animated workflow diagram showing how these tools work together with the Quantifiler® Duo kit.