(aka The Power of Connectivity in your Lab Life )
In our personal lives many of us have the luxury of take connectivity for granted. Our smartphones allow us to do so many things we couldn’t do just a few years ago- video chat with family and friends, monitor our favorite sports team scores, send work emails when we are not actually at work, and even pay bills at the last minute from anywhere with an internet connection. If you have worked in a lab, you know this is the opposite of the majority of our lab experiences. We are lucky to have touchscreens because that means our equipment is relatively new.
This year that is all changing.
The new capabilities of the recently released Applied Biosystems QuantStudio 3 and 5 Real-Time PCR Systems allows for a new level of access to your real-time PCR instrument and data. Being connected anytime, anywhere with Web browser-based software, supported by the Thermo Fisher Cloud platform, allows you to break free of having to be physically located close to your qPCR instrument in order to keep your work progressing.
How does being connected help you better achieve ‘lab/life balance’?
- Access your data anytime/anywhere: Remotely monitor your runs, quickly analyze sophisticated data sets, store results in a secure space, and share them online with colleagues across campus and around the world as long as you have an internet connection.
- Share data easily without having to send huge attachments through your email: easily (and immediately) share files without concern for attachment size. You can control who you share your data with. Great for global organizations and collaborations that are all using the web-browser based software.
- Speed of analysis: online analysis is not bogged down by device processing power allowing you to analyze bigger data sets faster.
- 20GB of free storage per user if you have a QuantStudio 3 or 5 Real-Time PCR System – that is on average >10,000 run files!
- Redundancy and safety: never lose your data, it is automatically backed up. Don’t lose sleep over lost laptops, critical hard-drive crashes, remembering to back up your data, or accidentally deleted files.
- Device Compatibility– Use any Operating System, even a Mac: no longer worry about having to upgrade the OS or device you are on, access your data with any compatible browser.
- Use the new Instrument Connect iPhone app to monitor your instruments, run progress and amplification plots all from your iPhone
What Does Connectivity Mean to You?
Knowing this, maybe you should also read up on the QuantStudio 3 qPCR Connectivity Grant Program* that is running through Dec. 11 2015. This grant program is unlike other grant programs. No Ph.D? No problem! Anyone can apply. And you don’t have to come up with a new experiment or show data. It’s as simple as connectivity. Answer that question by telling us a little about your lab, what you work on and how being connected with the QuantStudio 3 Real–Time PCR System will change the way you work.
Connectivity in your qPCR experiments allows you to achieve a lab/life balance not possible before. It’s about time!
*Terms and Conditions Apply
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.