What if you were able to identify a suspect in an unsolved case using DNA within minutes—instead of weeks, months or years—while an arrestee was safely in police custody? What if you could proactively collect and process DNA from arrestees, preventing individuals from slipping through the criminal justice system? Collecting and processing DNA at the point of booking, while the suspect is in custody, allows you to conserve and protect valuable investigative resources, prevent future crimes and provide closure for victims and families.
These are just a few of the benefits and impacts of deploying a RapidHIT ID DNA Booking System at the booking station. This system seamlessly integrates DNA with fingerprint and other biometric information systems already in use to process, enroll and search arrestee DNA at the time of booking. Automatic searches against crimes of special concern generate actionable information to quickly inform investigations, identify repeat offenders and exonerate the innocent, helping to make communities safer.
The U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) has approved the RapidHIT ID DNA Booking System for use by law enforcement booking stations to automatically process, upload and search DNA reference samples from qualifying arrestees against the U.S. National DNA Index System (NDIS).
Key features of the RapidHIT ID DNA Booking system include:
- High success rates with a wide range of commonly used DNA collection swabs
- Intuitive software for seamless integration of DNA profiles with Live Scan terminals and other biometric information systems to align with FBI, state and agency requirements
- Real-time analysis allowing for cost-efficient single-sample processing—no need to batch multiple arrestee samples
- Embedded auditing, reporting and training tools that make it easy to maintain security and compliance with FBI guidelines, including automated record deletion and expungement controls
- Special “training mode” for hands-on practice as part of a comprehensive training program for booking station personnel
Learn more about the NDIS-Approved Applied Biosystems RapidHIT ID Booking System.
The 7th annual Human Identification Solutions Conference is now on demand! Explore the inspiring sessions in a reimagined virtual experience that unites the criminal justice community: www.hids2021.com
See how it works: Request a virtual demo of the RapidHIT ID System.