Biobanks play a crucial role in effectively managing and storing critical scientific data: biospecimens. For pharma and biotech companies, diagnostic laboratories, and contract research organizations, specimen integrity is critical to ensure robust and reproducible results.
Thermo Scientific™ SampleManager LIMS™ software’s Biorepository Solution is an implementation and validation accelerator which uses industry-standard features, expertise and experience to expedite return on investment and reduce project risk. Thermo Fisher Scientific’s own biorepository, the leader in critical biological material management, relies on SampleManager software to drive quality, compliance and data integrity through its operations.
Thermo Fisher Scientific provides complete end-to-end solutions and services for pharmaceutical customers and partners in academia and government, ensuring the integrity of their valued material:
- Customized, end-to-end chain of custody solutions provided by Fisher BioServices
- High performance cold storage including ultra-low temperature freezers
- Device monitoring to predict outages and alert of issues with critical storage equipment
- Reagents and consumables for material collection, processing, storage and distribution
SampleManager software provides industry-leading laboratory, process and data management capabilities, with the foundation to track and manage samples securely, from receipt through to preparation, processing, shipping and disposal.
Thermo Fisher provides end-to-end solutions for the complete biorepository sample workflow
Preconfigured capabilities for critical biological materials management
The Biorepository Solution offers preconfigured capabilities to help manage the complete biorepository workflow, including:
- Sample collection – Enables the creation of clinical or product samples using workflows and includes a Manifest login feature to create samples automatically
- Sample processing – Includes the ability to aliquot and test at any point within the lifecycle using workflow capabilities
- Storage – Provides adaptability to store or move material for either individual or multiple samples, racks, and whole storage devices. Keeps location traceability through the sample lifecycle
- Shipping – Groups samples to be shipped back to the requestor using workflows
- Dashboards – Dashboard navigation experience across the main operational processes
- Asset capacity dashboard
- Asset exploration dashboard
- Asset and Container – New and extended entities to hold and manage the structure required by a biorepository
Low risk implementation
The long-established use of SampleManager LIMS software and our vast experience in highly regulated environments secures project success from the outset. From requirements gathering to team selection, project management to system training, go-live and beyond, our implementation experts have the knowledge and expertise to ensure project success. Thermo Fisher’s LIMS implementation experts work alongside your project team to define a project plan tailored to the needs of your organization.
The SampleManager LIMS software Biorepository Solution:
- Delivers capabilities driven by Fisher BioServices, industry-leaders in the management of critical biological materials.
- Streamlines operations to ensure unquestionable quality and stringent process adherence.
- Relied upon in highly-regulated environments across global operations.
- Integrates with the complete Thermo Fisher biobanking solution, comprising reagents, consumables, equipment, storage and device monitoring systems.
For more information, visit our LIMS Software for Biobanks and Biorepositories website.