World Water Day is March 22, 2019
This World Water Day we are asking you to join us in supporting the United Nation campaign: Leave No One Behind. This campaign brings awareness to the UN’s goal of ensuring availability and sustainable management of water for all by 2030.
How can you participate?
Pledge online to leave no one behind by sharing your commitment via social media using #WorldWaterDay. You can join Thermo Fisher Scientific in using our banner (printable letter-sized banner) or any of the artwork created by the UN (available here).
Additionally, you may want to incorporate some quick changes in your lifestyle that can reduce water usage and minimize pollution. We’ve curated a short list of easy-to-do water saving tips, tell us your favorite tips at Twitter: @thermofisher or comment below.
Five Easy Tips for Reducing Water Pollution
- Dispose with care: Cooking fats, medications and chemicals all pollute water systems. Keep them clean by safely disposing them in the garbage or at designated hazardous waste collection sites.
- Permission to procrastinate: Waiting to run your dishwasher and laundry are full to run them.
- Mindfully lather: Turn off the water while putting soap on your hands, brushing your teeth or scraping and scrubbing dishes.
- Reuse: Eliminate single-use water bottles from your house and use your favorite Nalgene reusable water bottle.
- Ditch the disposal: Save gallons of water by composting instead of using the garbage disposal when possible.
For many more water-saving tips, visit Water Use It Wisely.